What to wear for zipline?

AZoceanlovers

What does everyone wear when ziplining? One thing I read said to wear long pants but that doesn't really go with spending the rest of the day at the beach. How about wearing capris or long shorts? Any answer from an experienced zipliner would be appreciated.

Ya we all wore shorts too, over bathing suits. I had my girls wear a little longer shorts and not the short shorts because of the tight straps that go around your legs. So they wore sweat material ones that were between shorts and capri length and I wore just regular shorts that I pulled through the straps. Here's a pic........

zipline.jpg.f6c289271e8a1ed62d9871dfe1b40745.jpg

correct, it can get crowded on the platforms depending on how many are with you. Plus you have to snug together because they clip u all onto the line. the zips were short most of the time and you might have to like step and push off a little on some. All of us enjoyed it and I am glad I did it and didnt chicken out but I am not in shape at all and for 2 days after I couldnt walk up or down steps etc because my legs hurt for using muscles I dont use enough I guess.....lol

correct, it can get crowded on the platforms depending on how many are with you. Plus you have to snug together because they clip u all onto the line. the zips were short most of the time and you might have to like step and push off a little on some. All of us enjoyed it and I am glad I did it and didnt chicken out but I am not in shape at all and for 2 days after I couldnt walk up or down steps etc because my legs hurt for using muscles I dont use enough I guess.....lol

From looking at your cruise dates...you must not have gone to the Mayan Jungle Canopy (it only opened last month and is next to Victor's house).

The one you describe sounds like the Jungle Canopy at Palmetto Bay -- I was sore for days afterwards, too!

Does anyone know what the platforms are like at the Mayan Zipline? I hope they're a bit larger (although those small platforms at Palmetto Bay actually became part of the challenge!)

I'm not saying Mayan Jungle and jungle canopy aren't safe but I think the new South Shore upgrade emphasizes the importance of safety when you chose these excursions. They have big platforms with handrails and your always clipped, helmets, dual-pulley and safety strap. It also seams a lot higher and longer judging from the photos above.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Mayan Jungle zipline on 9/24 and I can vouch that there were no handrails or helmets. However, they always kept us attached to the dual lines at all times, so I never felt unsafe.

I would say that most lines were no higher than about 30 feet off the ground, so my guess is that some of the other ziplines on Roatan may be higher and faster, if that is what you want. For me, it was a perfect first time zipline experience.

Archived