Another Golf Cart Rental Question

SAILONNOW

Do you think it is odd for the rental place to have you leave your sign & sail card as security?

Curious which rental place this was? We booked one with Karib rental and are confirmed next week. They even told us we just pay in person.

We also rented from Karib without leaving a deposit.

The island is only like 7 miles long, just where do they think you would take this golf cart, lol?

We found that their 4 door air conditioned car was the same price as the golf cart, so we switched to that.

Jayla, we have a confirmation from Neil @ Island Auto Rentals. Never asked us for a cc#, just said we'll have to leave one sign & sail card. Better than having our cc# out there, but I'm very skeptical.

Karib was booked so that's why we chose the 2nd place recommendation from the CC board.

My Husband said we'll kinda look around the area where the rentals are and see what other people have available to rent. At least we know we have one reserved.

• 2 weeks later...

We just rented a car with Neil. It was quite funny, never looked at our drivers license, just took our $65 and our card. My DH is quite ingenious, I had misplaced my original card, had it replaced and then found the old one. We left the old one with Neil. Not that I cared, its not like he can get on the ship. We told him what time we would be returning the car and he was there waiting. Very easy and the cars are full of sand, so you can go to the beach and not feel so guilty about the sand.

OK, VacaGrl45.........Are we married to he same guy?! My DH thought of the same darn thing and that is what we did! It was too funny how it was give me your S&S and here's your car! We had a blast! So glad we got a car instead of the golf cart (Neal forgot to tell the guy we wanted a golf cart).

Everyone on the island was so friendly!