Complementary Stateroom Upgrades

Pennbank

In June, we shall be going on our 50th Cunard cruise, in that time we have been given two upgrades, one good and one terrible, now we always book the cabin we want, we have travelled enough on the three Queens to acknowledge which cabins suit our cabin needs. On one Transatlantic roundtrip I was on, I spoke to a gentleman who was on a Cunard ship for the first time, he booked inside cabin but told me he had been given a balcony for the return trip. I just think a lot of luck is needed and they could be trying to influence newcomers to sail with Cunard. That old saying "It's not what you know but who you know" may apply to get a seat at the Captains Table but I

do not think it works on getting upgrades;)

I must say that I have also had the pleasure on many occasions to dine with the Captain and Deputy Captains on Table 72 for formal nights on board QM2, receiving the Invitation in my stateroom and having to RSVP to The Captains Secretary. I do not personally know the senior staff on board so that could put paid to that theory.

That together with my many stateroom upgrades got me asking my question.

Hmmmn. Any particular staff?

Onboard or shoreside?

Of course each and every one of us who sail with Cunard are subject to being on the 'Cunard' computer system.

Just my opinion of course but if one believes that there is a random computer generating programme for Cunard upgrades then one should also buy lottery tickets regularly.

My husband reliably informs me that the information re:- computer generated upgrades was told to him by a senior officer in conversation at a cocktail party held to celebrate a friends birthday. The information was in response to my husband remarking on Cunards generosity at our upgrade to QG.. Husband looked at me aghast when I asked if he could remember said officers name or position:) Don't do the Lottery either, don't like leaving anything to chance....:)