Plateau!

Hockeylovinmom

Does anyone have any good methods for breaking through a plateau? I am within 10 pounds of my goal weight and it seems I've been stuck here forever!

:( I've been keeping a food log, eating about 1200 calories and have had good success. I cut out wheat. I really hate to "exercise" but I can force myself to walk when the weather is nice (which it isn't)! I was thinking maybe a juice fast or SOMETHING to get my weight to go down again. I cruise in about 2 months. Any ideas?:confused:

The last 10 can be the hardest! There are several things you could try. A cleanse would be good but make sure you follow a good one. They can actually be bad for you and then you gain it all right back and then some.

Have you tried eating normal for a few days, meaning, breaking your "diet". It sounds like your body has adjusted to the 1200 calories so increasing your calories for a few days and reducing it again will trick your body and you should start to see weight loss again.

Exercising will also help, I know you said you don't like to do it but if its for a cruise...and it may benefit you if you have any active shore excursions. I remember when we stopped in Dominica and did two different hikes in one day. My legs were sore sore I couldn't walk the next day!! I always prepare before we go now...just in case!

Increasing calories (aka "breaking your diet") is a good experiment. Maybe not break it completely, but I've noticed plateaus often happen when you simply aren't eating enough and your body is going into starvation mode...

Have you tried many supplements? I've done the ECA stack before with good results, but it might not be for you, depending on your heart health, and so on.

Info on what I did:

http://www.zenfatloss.com/eca-stack/

Again, not really sure how healthy this is... but it helped me break my plateau, at least. Your mileage may vary!

Hi, yes, once in a while we have to shake things up as your body gets used to the same amount of food or the same Points range if you are doing Weight Watchers. . Years ago a gal named Wendie devised a staggered Points plan to get your thermostat going again and burn those calories like in the beginning.

Google Wendie Plan and there's dozens of entries. Start with the one that says Weight Watchers Information" by Angelfire, (pale pink background with roses.) You don't have to be on WW to do this, it applies to any diet plan where you fall into the same meals every day. Eat big one day and small the next day, shake it up! This is the same principle as exercise when your body gets used to your workout and you stop seeing results. Good luck with breaking that plateau!

I am breaking mine for two days. I weighed in this week and only lost .6 pounds...I have been sick all week too but I was really bummed so I am purposely going over my points for today and tomorrow (within reason) and I will go back to my normal diet on Sunday and see if it helps me this week. I have really been struggling to get to that 20 pound mark and I am sitting at 19.6 right now..this outta push me over.

Hockeylovinmom keep us posted on your progress!!

TravelRocker, Dr. Oz had a show about this the other day. I don't know if it was the same person or not but it was the same concept. IT makes total sense from a scientific standpoint.