NCL best locations for mini-suite or Balcony room?

T2C15

NCL best locations for mini-suite or Balcony room for a family with 2 teens?

Which ship? And what is 'Best' for you?

My husband and I like to feel like we are on a ship, so we like to be in front, more motion.

NCL Getaway :)

First time cruisers so we were thinking mid-ship is safest.

The Breeze was our second choice.

I haven't been on either of those ships so I have no specifics to offer.

Mid ship is safest if you are concerned about being sea sick. Personally, I don't like being under the Lido deck, but it is very popular due to the ease of getting to the buffet and the pool. The pool (Lido) deck is very busy, and can be quite noisy.

NCL Getaway :)

First time cruisers so we were thinking mid-ship is safest.

The Breeze was our second choice.

Since this is your first cruise -- look at the deck plans. If you go on the Getaway (have been on her sister ship 4 times now the Breakaway) the elevators are mid-ship and aft. Our first crusie on the Breakaway we were forward. I heard everytime we had to get to the elverator how far the walk was. DH acutally counted the number of steps and it was about 300 feet. He does have neopathy in his leg so it was an issue.

If all of you are healthy and the walk is not an issue take what looks good and fits your price just make sure it is a family balony. It will be tight. My son, D-I-L and two little ones ( 7 & 5) were in room 9276 and when the sofa bed and the ceiling bed was down there was not much room in the cabin.

Some families get an inside room across the hall for the kids.

I have never been on the Breezeso cannot help.

• 3 months later...

Have booked mid-ship to offset motion sickness, but I am wondering now about the distance to the elevator. I am not disabled, but I do have a knee that flares occasionally, so I am weighing the options of not being exactly mid-ship versus paying a change fee and getting closer to the elevator. It appears that we are mid-way between elevators (16 cabins from one). Not being familiar with cruise ships I am having trouble determining what kind of distance this actually is. Would appreciate any advice.