Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > North American Homeports > East Coast Departures

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

East Coast Departures
Baltimore, Boston, Cape Liberty, Charleston, Montreal, New York, Norfolk, & Philadelphia l

Old December 13th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Cool Cruiser

Smile Hotels with Free parking in Charleston

Can anyone tell me of any hotels that offer free parking during the cruise and maybe even transportation to the Pier? Thanks to all!

Old December 16th, 2006, 08:01 AM
Cool Cruiser

Baclyde - Were staying at the Radisson Hotel at the Charleston Airport. The hotel has a cruise special which includes free breakfast, free parking for a week, and free transportation to the pier.

Old December 16th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Cool Cruiser

Cavou - we're staying at the Radisson too, but it just occurred to us the other day ... do you know if the shuttle goes back to the hotel after the cruise?

NCL DREAM - Western Caribbean out of Houston TX, December 24-31, 2005 (our first cruise - finally talked my DH into trying it and now he's hooked )
NCL MAJESTY - Western Caribbean out of Charleston SC, December 23-30, 2006 (the one where the engines died and we lost all power for a few hours, then we limped back to port to find the New Years Eve cruise cancelled )
CORAL PRINCESS - Alaska southbound, Whittier to Vancouver, July 9-16, 2007 (following a Princess land tour ... what can I say other than breathtaking? )
CARIBBEAN PRINCESS - Canada/New England out of Brooklyn NY, August 22-29, 2009 (Hurricane Bill forced us to stay in NY the first day and miss our first stop, but it was a great cruise anyway)

Old December 17th, 2006, 08:05 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

WE stayed at the Howard Johnsons and were pleasantly surprised with our room. It was about $79 and was for our 11 day New Years cruise. They didn't have tranportation to the ship but it was about a $5 cab ride. And, when we got off the ship, we had a first! We had to CALL a cab to get us back to the hotel. We checked with a lot of hotels and their prices were a lot higher than Howard Jonhnsons. Are you going on the Magesty? Loved that little ship even thought we do not like NCL at all. I'm emailing someone else about the ship. Let me know if you want info - bonniejns@homail.com, subject 'Magesty'.

Old December 18th, 2006, 08:02 PM
Cool Cruiser

noobie - haha...I didn't even think about that! I did a quick search of the other threads and several people said that the hotel does indeed pick you up once you arrival at port...hopefully this is true!

Old December 20th, 2006, 05:41 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Pickup

The Radisson shuttle will pick you up across the street from the port. You have to call him, though.