Ask me anything! I'm on the splendor!

rugbykat2010

This is an addendum* due to my being a spa model taking a huge chunk out of my schedule I will have to upload the fun times all 14 days of them when I get back from leg 2 of my cruise.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Im patient-- I can wait while you enjoy the cruise

is the postings of the menu in order from day one?

Edited by serene56

Is your sail and sign card also your room key or do you have a separate room key, seems I have read both ways... never had a separate room key

Sign and sail card is your room key. Some people get an added card for another cabin in their party.

Im not sure about today but the older ships did have a separated key

Thanks, never heard of having separate card and key, but I read that somewhere here. They must have been mistaken.

If people are switching cabins--or they have kids in another cabin-- they will have another cabin key

Thanks Serene. Just posted a message on another thread YOU posted to. Maybe you can help. It is .....

Hope I'm not high jacking this thread, original ? seems to have been answered. Serene you answered a previous ? for me, thank you, how about this.

Wife and I are waitlisted for early seating on the Splendor, default to late seating if it doesn't go through. Does anyone know what the chances are of getting early seating. Late seating is too late for us and in 17 cruises (all but 2 with Princess) we have never eaten dinner at the buffet, in fact we never eat there except for a quick snack while passing through.

Im patient-- I can wait while you enjoy the cruise

is the postings of the menu in order from day one?

No. The menus are not in order. However all of them are labelled as to what day we ate them except for one. The menu of the day can be found on your stateroom television though (It will NOT be posted on the wall near the dining room).

I will also say that we did not have the same menu order, same menus though, on our second leg so checking the menu everyday while on the ship is recommended.

Thanks Serene. Just posted a message on another thread YOU posted to. Maybe you can help. It is .....

Hope I'm not high jacking this thread, original ? seems to have been answered. Serene you answered a previous ? for me, thank you, how about this.

Wife and I are waitlisted for early seating on the Splendor, default to late seating if it doesn't go through. Does anyone know what the chances are of getting early seating. Late seating is too late for us and in 17 cruises (all but 2 with Princess) we have never eaten dinner at the buffet, in fact we never eat there except for a quick snack while passing through.

I am not sure what the odds are for getting late versus early seating but perhaps you could get anytime dining instead.

Yes,they do carry Splenda.i use it all the time on the ships. Maître D Ramesh is the absolute best Carnival has.

I got to eat in the Black Pearl Dining Room where Ramesh is stationed for both weeks of my cruise he is definitely the most awesome on I have met so far!

No. The menus are not in order. However all of them are labelled as to what day we ate them except for one. The menu of the day can be found on your stateroom television though (It will NOT be posted on the wall near the dining room).

I will also say that we did not have the same menu order, same menus though, on our second leg so checking the menu everyday while on the ship is recommended.

Aw. That sucks the menu was different each week. Guess preplanning to eat at the steakhouse is rather hard

Aw. That sucks the menu was different each week. Guess preplanning to eat at the steakhouse is rather hard

The menus were the same both weeks. They were just given to us in a different order.

I ate at the steakhouse the first night of my first cruise, and my reservation was made before I got on the boat.

You can always ask the dining staff for the menus of the week and inquire as to what order they will be given during the "restaurant inquiries" on embarkation day.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Do you know the name of the guitar soloists and bands? We were very fortunate to be able to see Angie the guitar soloist on the Breeze in Sept 2013 and the Glory Dec 2014. It will be hard to find someone I like as much. We also like the Piano Bar but we know that the guy on in Dec was to leave in Jan and a girl was replacing him. Thanks in advance for the information.

The site says it must be bought for the duration of the cruise, cannot be bought for individual days. Can you buy it say half way through the cruise or the last couple of days for the remainder or is it only available the first day for purchase? Thanks!

The site says it must be bought for the duration of the cruise, cannot be bought for individual days. Can you buy it say half way through the cruise or the last couple of days for the remainder or is it only available the first day for purchase? Thanks!

It is only sold the first two days.

Each person in the cabin 21 and over must purchase the package.

Edited by serene56

It is only sold the first two days.

I have copies of all of the fun times I just haven't had a chance to scan them in due to the holidays. I will try to get them uploaded for you tomorrow though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

rugbykat,

Did I miss the Fun Times upload?:)

Thanks!

Mike