Celebrity Constellation 4/09/2015 TransAtlantic

Second Hand Lion

Hi Guys!

I'm Ken, my husband Dan and I booked this Transatlantic cruise last week. We saw a bargain fare for an oceanview cabin we couldn't pass up. And we booked the April 22nd 12 night Anzac Turkey and Greece cruise following this one, so it will be a back to back.

We're from Westminster Maryland, it's in the north central part. We're both retired federal civil service. I was a system's analyst and Dan was an RN. Last Fall we ccelebrated 25 years together (but only married in June 2012).

This will be our 4th TA, the last two were fairly smooth, but the first one, on Vision of the Seas, the first 2 days out of Lisbon the ship appeared empty because people were afraid to come out of their cabins. The Vision is a smaller old ship that really moved with the ocean waves - I enjoyed the rocking and rolling, hey, as long as you know that you're safe, thst your vessel can handle it, you just go with the flow,right?

Anyway, whats everyone doing at the ports? On your own? Ship excuRsion? Should we organize our own?

Hi Guys!

I'm Ken, my husband Dan and I booked this Transatlantic cruise last week. We saw a bargain fare for an oceanview cabin we couldn't pass up. And we booked the April 22nd 12 night Anzac Turkey and Greece cruise following this one, so it will be a back to back.

We're from Westminster Maryland, it's in the north central part. We're both retired federal civil service. I was a system's analyst and Dan was an RN. Last Fall we ccelebrated 25 years together (but only married in June 2012).

This will be our 4th TA, the last two were fairly smooth, but the first one, on Vision of the Seas, the first 2 days out of Lisbon the ship appeared empty because people were afraid to come out of their cabins. The Vision is a smaller old ship that really moved with the ocean waves - I enjoyed the rocking and rolling, hey, as long as you know that you're safe, thst your vessel can handle it, you just go with the flow,right?

Anyway, whats everyone doing at the ports? On your own? Ship excuRsion? Should we organize our own?

Hi Ken....Welcome aboard. Nice to see more folks joining up! Hopefully this voyage won't be nearly as bad as your trip on VOS. I just did a crossing on The Queen Elizabeth to New York in January where we battled 35 ft waves Force 11. gales. Like you, it is an adventure to me so I just find my spot near a cocktail lounge with big windows and watch the show.

We generally play it by ear in the ports. We will probably go to the top of Gibraltar and see the apes.

Pencil in 7ish cocktails in the Martini Bar on Deck Four, first night out!

It's nearly upon us!

Mike

We are not generally big fans of the specialty dining scene; main dining room is usually closest to what we are looking for. This time, though, it seems we will be dining in Blu, since Celebrity started offering the special prices on Aqua Class. So dining together on board might be tricky. However, meeting on the night before departure, as some have suggested, seems like a very good idea for those of us who are already there then. Any suggestions from the locals as to where we might want to meet?

As for the ports, we, too, will be pretty much playing it by ear. We have borrowed a German guidebook from friends that suggests a walking tour in Funchal. We have been to Gibraltar before, so don't have huge ambitions there -- just get off the ship and walk around. In Alicante, I have seen there are several museums which are either free or nominal admission and all in the downtown area -- nothing major, but gives us something to do. The trick is that everything closes early afternoon for siesta, so we will need to get on shore early that day.

Hi Guys,

This will be my 4th trip on Constellation. A Caribbean trip, a transatlantic trip, a b2b Wine Immersion voyage & this one. I'm a cruse addict & really enjoy the whole experience. Looking forward to meeting you all on board.

Regards,

Cory

Hi Cory...Welcome aboard. You are indeed an addict! I would do six a year if I could! Looking forward to meeting you onboard. It looks like a group will be gathering on the first night at sea in the Martini Bar after 7pm. So hope to see you there.

Richard...so sorry you and Kevin will not be able to sail with us. Hope to meet you both on a future voyage.

ConradMZ..Edward and I are taking an overnight flight from San Diego so we will not be able to join for any frivolity, in Ft. Lauderdale, the night before departure. As to sharing a meal, maybe we all meet up on board and plan an evening in one of the restaurants then?

All the best and see you in 34 days!

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good morning all, and I hope everyone's getting into the sailing mood. I know I am. I'm surprised that this thread has been so ....not that busy. It doesn't matter of course, but, just saying.

Are there are Trivia players here? I am one and on my Caribbean bruise I was part of the wining team. Just letting it out there, for the lookers. I will be wanting to play in mostly the morning and afternoon games. The later one segues into the cocktail hour, of which I never miss. I hope we don't have to use tickets and can use the Sky Lounge. Probably not as there are usually tons of Elete's. Well we'll see.

See you all in about 2 weeks.

Howard in sunny and warm Fort lauderdale

Good morning all, and I hope everyone's getting into the sailing mood. I know I am. I'm surprised that this thread has been so ....not that busy. It doesn't matter of course, but, just saying.

Are there are Trivia players here? I am one and on my Caribbean bruise I was part of the wining team. Just letting it out there, for the lookers. I will be wanting to play in mostly the morning and afternoon games. The later one segues into the cocktail hour, of which I never miss. I hope we don't have to use tickets and can use the Sky Lounge. Probably not as there are usually tons of Elete's. Well we'll see.

See you all in about 2 weeks.

Howard in sunny and warm Fort lauderdale

Hi Howard...we are all very much looking forward to the voyage! The packing will begin in earnest next week for sure! I was just talking to my buddy in Wilton Manors yesterday about trivia. We plan on doing that for sure as we got into it on an Eclipse crossing and loved it.

As to the Elite Happy Hours, we found that since they started giving out the tickets a lot of people skip the cocktail party altogether which has meant it is not as crowed. We never miss it so hopefully it will still be scheduled aboard the Connie.

Well, this time next week I shall be ensconced in the solarium, iPad/kindle in one hand and a cocktail in the other, thinking about lunch! What a life!

Happy travels to all!

Aloha All,

Just booked this last minute as I was having a problem deciding which Transatlantic to book and the price was right for me. Looking forward to meeting everyone in the Martini Bar after sail away. I have found these Transatlantic Cruises to be very relaxing and fun and enjoy meeting new people; now I just need to do more of them.:D

Looking forward to seeing everyone soon

Chuck in Hawaii with the best weather on the planet.:)

Aloha All,

Just booked this last minute as I was having a problem deciding which Transatlantic to book and the price was right for me. Looking forward to meeting everyone in the Martini Bar after sail away. I have found these Transatlantic Cruises to be very relaxing and fun and enjoy meeting new people; now I just need to do more of them.:D

Looking forward to seeing everyone soon

Chuck in Hawaii with the best weather on the planet.:)

Hi Chuck! Welcome aboard! Great to see another face to add to the group. Looks like the Martini Bar will be busy on night one of the voyage.

My husband and I both love Hawaii and are there quite a bit as my sister in law lives in HNL. We are plotting a visit sometime in the next couple of months.

We are really counting down the days now as our lives have been crazy these last few weeks. I may sleep through the first few days! LOL!

Only a week to go!

Thanks Mike, counting down the days also.

I actually lived in San Diego for over 20 years before moving to Hawaii full time, so maybe our paths have crossed at some point. As nice as Hawaii is I still do miss San Diego and visit my friends there often.

Won't be long now guys, Safe travels to all.

Chuck

Thanks Mike, counting down the days also.

I actually lived in San Diego for over 20 years before moving to Hawaii full time, so maybe our paths have crossed at some point. As nice as Hawaii is I still do miss San Diego and visit my friends there often.

Won't be long now guys, Safe travels to all.

Chuck

Chuck...Oh wow! Knowing this town we probably have run across one another before. If that is indeed the case, I will just issue a blanket apology now and get it over with! :D

All the best....M

We had some unexpected issues to deal with a couple weeks ago, so I haven't been checking in here lately. But we have also accomplished the expected, and so were packed on 27 March and crossed the Atlantic by air to New York City and then flew to Savannah on Monday, and will cross the Florida line by rental car around noon today.

If one of the locals wants to suggest a place for a pre-cruise dinner on 8 April, we are probably game for that.

Good morning everyone, another beautiful day here in Fort Lauderdale. :) I know we're all going to have a fabulous crossing. I know that because the "Connie" is my favorite for this kind of trip. You will all understand by day 4. ;)

I would like to suggest to those looking for a pre-cruise dinner, you can't go too wrong with "ROSIES" on Wilton Drive in Wilton Manors. I unfortunately, will not be able to join in as the friends that I am traveling with are having our pre cruise celebration. Sorry. But, I will be at the Martini Bar at 7PM on the 9th. I hope you will all be there.

Howard

We got into FLL this afternoon and just had a great dinner at Candela's tonight. We'll go to Rosie's tomorrow night but probably won't meet anyone there since that would require coordinating a set time and it seems there's no one to coordinate with