Anything like Cozumel's Paradise Beach in Roatan or Belize?

smc0320

We are planning to book Carnival Legend in Dec '09 (long way off). We want to explore the island, sure, but we want to have fun at the beach. When in Cozumel, we had a great time at Paradise Beach with the water toys: inflatable ice-berg climbing wall, water trampolines, banana boat, kayaks and snorkling. Is there anythign like that in Roatan or Belize? If these are not ideal beach locations, and we're also going to Cozumel & Grand Gayman which are...what can we do where we can see a lot of the island and still have some down time. I think I would like the ruins, but my other half would not.

There isn't really "one" place that is like Paradise Beach in Cozumel... However, on the mile-long West Bay Beach there are numerous places that, combined, may fit the bill!

There are places that serve great food, rent clear bottom kayaks, canoes, jet skis and snorkel equipment, offer beach massages and hair braiding, there are souvenir vendors, etc. The beach is much nicer, IMO, than Paradise Beach (sorry, PB Tom!) No seagrass or rocks at all...just great white sand. Plus, a thriving reef, with tons of colorful fish and coral is about 25 yards off the beach.

It's just an amazing place! I think it's definitely a do-not-miss place when visiting Roatan.

There isn't really "one" place that is like Paradise Beach in Cozumel... However, on the mile-long West Bay Beach there are numerous places that, combined, may fit the bill!

There are places that serve great food, rent clear bottom kayaks, canoes, jet skis and snorkel equipment, offer beach massages and hair braiding, there are souvenir vendors, etc. The beach is much nicer, IMO, than Paradise Beach (sorry, PB Tom!) No seagrass or rocks at all...just great white sand. Plus, a thriving reef, with tons of colorful fish and coral is about 25 yards off the beach.

It's just an amazing place! I think it's definitely a do-not-miss place when visiting Roatan.

I am traveling to Roatan by Cruise ship in 10 days. I am under the impression that you can't just hop off the ship and find a beach to play on because of all the resorts. Am I wrong? I hope so. Can we just grab a taxi and have him take us to West Bay Beach and be able to swim and play? I want to see the beaches there and be able to explore and NOT just be stuck at one resort, as the cruise ship would have us do.

Thanks for your info!!

Dassas,

We just came back from Roatan, it was absolutely our favorite beach ever. It cost us $80.00 for (4 ) of us to get to the beach. We went to West End beach, in front of Banararama bar. Beers were 3 dollars and mixed drinks 5.00. The snorkeling was absolutely the best if you look to the left of Bananarama you will see a rock formation sticking out in the water and the snorkeling was the best there, or swim about 1/2 mile out in the water and it was pretty good too.

If you happen to go there, would you ask how they make a Banana Rama drink? They were the best ever and would love to have the recipe.

Thanks

Archived