D-Day excursions from Le Havre

agw2310

Hello,

Anyone going on Gems of Northern Europe cruise on MSC Magnifica from 8th - 15th October 2014? Would you be interested in sharing a D-Day tour from Le Havre? My husband and I have been searching the internet for tours but they are very expensive for 2 people. We've found one that takes up to 8 people but it's a set price for the tour, so if anyone is willing to share it would make it more affordable.

We would love too. Our problem is that we are on the MSC Magnifica and will arrive in Le Havre on 9/8/14.Is anyone arranging a tour for that date?

That's a shame, hope you manage to sort something out. We are surprised the ship haven't got an excursion, I'm sure it would be popular.

That's a shame, hope you manage to sort something out. We are surprised the ship haven't got an excursion, I'm sure it would be popular.

The ship may well have a tour. Just because it isn't available online to book in advance does not mean there won't be one. They often have far more tours available onboard than they have to book in advance.

There is always the risk though that a tour will be cancelled or combined with another language if there aren't enough English speaking passengers booked to meet the minimum number for the tour to run.

An alternative may be to rent a car. Roll calls tend to be very quiet or non existent on MSC European sailings so trying to find others in advance to join a private tour may not be possible.

Edited by AmoMondo

The ship may well have a tour. Just because it isn't available online to book in advance does not mean there won't be one. They often have far more tours available onboard than they have to book in advance.

There is always the risk though that a tour will be cancelled or combined with another language if there aren't enough English speaking passengers booked to meet the minimum number for the tour to run.

An alternative may be to rent a car. Roll calls tend to be very quiet or non existent on MSC European sailings so trying to find others in advance to join a private tour may not be possible.

Thank you for the information, very helpful.

We would love too. Our problem is that we are on the MSC Magnifica and will arrive in Le Havre on 9/8/14.Is anyone arranging a tour for that date?

We are on the same week. We leave Amsterdam on 9/1. We have not arranged any tours yet. Thinking of doing Honfleur and Rouen though in Le Havre. MSC doesn't seem to be have very active roll calls for Europe. I started one, but haven't had much traffic! When we did Celebrity last year, we organized huge tour groups and had to have several buses for all the people that wanted to join!

Patti

We are on the same week. We leave Amsterdam on 9/1. We have not arranged any tours yet. Thinking of doing Honfleur and Rouen though in Le Havre. MSC doesn't seem to be have very active roll calls for Europe. I started one, but haven't had much traffic! When we did Celebrity last year, we organized huge tour groups and had to have several buses for all the people that wanted to join!

Patti

Inactive roll calls are the norm. English speakers are in the minority sometimes a very small minority. Out of those very few will have heard of cruise critic never mind use it. If you find someone on here on your sailing that is a bonus. You certainly won't be having to book buses for private tours.

• 1 month later...
I was on the site you started, but now I can't find it - where did it go?

Judie

It was there this morning under the MSC roll calls then Magnifica. Sept. 1st. I will double check but it should still be there

Patti

I'm on the October 1st cruise out of Southampton, if you can give me any info on tours out of any of the ports I would appreciate it. There are only 2 posters on Magnifica'a roll call for Oct. 1st. NOT a good web site at all.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello,

Anyone going on Gems of Northern Europe cruise on MSC Magnifica from 8th - 15th October 2014? Would you be interested in sharing a D-Day tour from Le Havre? My husband and I have been searching the internet for tours but they are very expensive for 2 people. We've found one that takes up to 8 people but it's a set price for the tour, so if anyone is willing to share it would make it more affordable.

Hi,

We are going on this cruise and would be interesting in a D-Day tour, price dependant of course.

Please let me know what you have managed to find. I am going to email MSC to see if they may be arranging one.

Thanks, Sue