Award Flights booked!!

I am proud of me! I booked 2 roundtrip tickets worth $2,874 each to Asia for a total of $63 each!!! I plan to upgrade for an additional $390 for 3 flights on United E+. The total trip will be over 13K miles.

My flights IAD to SFO (14 hour layover which I wanted) SFO to TPE with 3 day stopover for Taipei then TPE to DPS (Bali) where the cruise will start and back home after a week in Japan NRT to IAD. Almost all the miles were gathered on credit cards (United and Chase Sapphire) where had large sign up bonus. Somebody on here taught me how to pay insurance on credit card so got miles there and paid off another cruise :p which I would have had to do anyhow! 2 months from applying to the first card.

I hate to think of all the money I could have saved if I were as savvy last year on making credit cards work for me as I am now. Pay attention to credit card offers -- they are now as good as money if you are needing flights.

Using the CC Air section those people gave me enough courage to tackle the miles upgrades. We ended up with 3 business class upgrades from LAX to Rome. I would never have known to call several times for different agents, different "open" times, etc. I think it is wonderful the people that give their vast knowledge on this subject. Now i was on them for this route and seats but again, without the encouragement and guidance of the people on these boards..... well, I'd still be stuck in economy :D

Kudos to you on your seating.

I know. I have become a scholar of these boards. So many practical uses -- I learn something and pass it along. You learn something and you pass it on too. I just saved over $5,000 dollars (the amount that I had budgeted for flights when we first planned the trip). Started hoping to get one leg of the flights and I got all 5. Cruise Critic rocks!!

• 2 weeks later...

Used my husbands miles to get our first class tickets to Rome next month and when I priced out the flights we got they were $5800 a piece! Not a bad savings! We get most our miles though my husbands business travel and a some from our delta Amex. Not a bad deal at all. :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Used my husbands miles to get our first class tickets to Rome next month and when I priced out the flights we got they were $5800 a piece! Not a bad savings! We get most our miles though my husbands business travel and a some from our delta Amex. Not a bad deal at all. :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Good deal for you! Only trouble is once you have the bonus earned then the points go on at a much slower pace. DH is very cautious about churning his banking accounts. Working on it. He did like the free tickets.