Travelpride Costa Rica Holiday Cruise 2009/2010

TAinNY

Travelpride is planning a Costa Rica Holiday cruise departing December 26, 2009 on Windstar. Is anyone going?

Travelpride cancelled their Tahiti cruise for lack of participation; is the same happening on this one?

We are planning on going on this cruise but we have no confirmation it is happening.

Is there anyone else on this board that may know more about this cruise and if it is happening for sure?

I don't really blame people for not booking with Travelpride if Windstar is booking the same itineraries all winter for 1/2 the price.. with none of their silly 'premium area of ship' add on costs. I understand you get more items 'included' with a charter but double the cost with no chance of discounts is a hard push.. I was on this same itinerary last year for 1/2 the cost and I believe they are extending even further discounts this year. Next year (2010 sailings) will be the same i'm sure as you get closer to the sailing date.

Can't imagine paying for their greek trip. Same thing. Much cheaper options for the same intinerary all summer (though not 1/2 yet).

You are correct that price is huge factor. Has anyone seen any marketing for the Travelpride Holiday cruise?

Where did you see that Windstar was offering 1/2 off this itinerary all winter? I only seee a December 5th sailing at 1/2 offf the full brochure fare (not the internet rate).

Thanks for your help.

You are correct that price is huge factor. Has anyone seen any marketing for the Travelpride Holiday cruise?

Where did you see that Windstar was offering 1/2 off this itinerary all winter? I only seee a December 5th sailing at 1/2 offf the full brochure fare (not the internet rate).

Thanks for your help.

They haven't released many discounted fares for next season yet as far as I know... and they rarely do until well into the fall. They have 'alumni' fares well in advance that normally yield around 1600ish. This (current) season their discounted fares reached bottom at around 1000 pp!! Incredible! And i think they were offering shipboard credit no less! I feel horrible for windstar that they had to go that path and I do worry that quality (soft products) will suffer if they have to maintain this price point.. but in the short run its a great deal for what they offer.

Look to the online travel agents for some good pricing info.. and you can guess the historical trend for next season. :)

We have heard from alumni cruisers of Travelpride that the company has cancelled all their 2009 cruises. :mad: Does anyone else have confimation of this? Their website is up but there are no calls or e-mails being returned by Travelpride. :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

INAFLASH you will have a good laugh once you see the Travelpride website. They posted a new cruise for New Years but $8,000 per couple, no airfare for a week. How many gay couples can afford that type of pricing for a week? Maybe I travel in the wrong circles. Love to hear others opinions on this.

Archived