Dukan Diet Success and Concerns re upcoming Cruise

Losnab

Hi All:

I started Dukan July 11th, 2012 - reached my goal Oct. 14th, 2012. (24 lbs loss)

This is the first time in a long time that I will actually look forward to packing, planning out outfits and not need to over pack.

I will be half way thru my Consolidation Phase when begin our European Cruise.

I am loving having 2 slices of bread a day and figure I can enjoy lunch in Italy sticking to the equivalent of 2 slices of bread.

I also have the Oat Bran Galette for breakfast M-F (eggs on weekend)

Does anybody on the cruise board have any advice for me at all regarding not loosing my self and giving up.

And how to consume 2T of oatbran on a daily basis as I don't suppose i can request a Galette pancake prepared with non fat greek yogurt on the ship.....or can I?

Hi All:

I started Dukan July 11th, 2012 - reached my goal Oct. 14th, 2012. (24 lbs loss)

This is the first time in a long time that I will actually look forward to packing, planning out outfits and not need to over pack.

I will be half way thru my Consolidation Phase when begin our European Cruise.

I am loving having 2 slices of bread a day and figure I can enjoy lunch in Italy sticking to the equivalent of 2 slices of bread.

I also have the Oat Bran Galette for breakfast M-F (eggs on weekend)

Does anybody on the cruise board have any advice for me at all regarding not loosing my self and giving up.

And how to consume 2T of oatbran on a daily basis as I don't suppose i can request a Galette pancake prepared with non fat greek yogurt on the ship.....or can I?

Maybe not your galette, no...

But you can bring your oat bran. You can sprinkle it into something. It may not be "ideal" but it will be for a limited time.

Instead of your gallette in the morning, consider an omelet or hard boiled eggs. Find one meal during the day where you can add in your oatbran.

I am planning to keep going as much as possible with Dukan during our cruise too. I am half way to my goal (having lost about as much as you, but with more to lose). By the same token, I don't want to hate every minute of cruising. If I can't stick to it, or stick to it as well as I had planned, I at least plan to keep as high protein as possible for breakfast and lunch.

When I stop cruising I know I will have gained some... but I also plan to get right back on the horse.

• 3 years later...

just looked back at my post from 2012.

And I thought this might be a good time to bring the Dukan diet back to the top as its been a real life changer for me.

This is the first diet (and there have been many) where I not only lost the weight but stayed within a few pounds of goal for more than a few months.

I now have the book in digital format and passed my hard copy along

I do make sure to keep Shirataki Noodles on hand to add to my plate protein Thursday's. I typically season with a little low sodium soy and chopped scallion

My husband did not go full dukan but shares protein Thursday's with me and has one of my dukan muffins for breakfast each weekday morning

I'm happy to post recipe if any one is interested.

When I cruise I put 3tablepoons oat bran and bit of stevia into snack baggies and add one Baggie to yogurt or bit of ff milk daily

Actually packing is easier as it is no longer torturous to plan out just enough outfits. Somehow before dukan I always overpacked - I suppose I was less secure about what I would feel comfortable in and just threw so much more stuff in my suitcase

I guess everyone responds to different modes of diet in their own way but Dukan has been extremely good to me in the long term