Port questions - help please

justbreezing

I'll be on the Freedom in November and am trying to make a decision on excursions. I realize the walk from the ship to the place where you get your carnival excursion is probably a short walk for most healthy people but what about for people with COPD , CHF, or mobility problems. I have seen videos of Grand Turk and that is a long walk to someone with these health problems but I have not been able to find any footage of the piers in Curacao and Aruba to see how long the walk is as compared to the walk in Grand Turk. Could someone please help me out. There is no chance of using a wheelchair or scooter on this trip. Thank you.

The Carnival excursion folks will meet you right when you get off the ship out of deck 0.

There is then a walk to the buses which are parked within the cruiseport gate. While it is not a loooooong walk like Grand Turk, you will need to do some walking. You could walk slowly, take your time and reach the bus in a couple of minutes.

Isn't there any way to request a wheel chair just for that short distance? I'm sure Shore Excursion will work with you on this.

ISA65 - Thanks so much for your reply. I contacted Carnival about wheelchair assistance for this purpose but they said they can't arrange for that but I can ask when I'm on the ship and they may be able to help me. I usually travel with my family or friends and bring my wheelchair but this will be my first time solo so I'm a little concerned. I think I will cancel Grand Turk since I've been there before and take my chances in Curacao and Aruba.