Best Port of Miami Hotels?

sharelleb

We stayed at the Regency Hotel before our cruise...very clean, & free shuttle to/from airport and to port the next day.

Plus, the shuttle driver was kind enough to take us back to the airport later that night after we took a nap, so that we could either rent a car or take the metro transit (costs like $2 roundtrip) to the amazing Bayside Marketplace for drinks/dinner/shopping, and watch the sun set over the ocean. And then he picked us up from the airport again around 1 AM when we were finished. One of the airport/metroline cops explained which train to take to which stop, so it was much easier than it sounds! It was the best night & made me love Miami. And saved on transportation costs!

It was 10000000x nicer (and also cheaper) than the Holiday Inn across from Bayside Marketplace right by the port that we stayed in post-cruise -- there were sooo many hairs in the bathroom and on the carpet that I skipped my shower and contemplated sleeping in the rental car. =) Plus we had to circle the area for over an hour to find parking because most lots close at 2, and the hotel has NO parking!!! Ugh. It was stressful & almost ruined the last night of our honeymoon but a very kind parking attendant took pity on us & let us stay overnight. We thought it would be nice to be so close to Bayside, but I'll definitely stick to Regency next time.

We stayed at the Regency Hotel before our cruise...very clean, & free shuttle to/from airport and to port the next day.

Plus, the shuttle driver was kind enough to take us back to the airport later that night after we took a nap, so that we could either rent a car or take the metro transit (costs like $2 roundtrip) to the amazing Bayside Marketplace for drinks/dinner/shopping, and watch the sun set over the ocean. And then he picked us up from the airport again around 1 AM when we were finished. One of the airport/metroline cops explained which train to take to which stop, so it was much easier than it sounds! It was the best night & made me love Miami. And saved on transportation costs!

It was 10000000x nicer (and also cheaper) than the Holiday Inn across from Bayside Marketplace right by the port that we stayed in post-cruise -- there were sooo many hairs in the bathroom and on the carpet that I skipped my shower and contemplated sleeping in the rental car. =) Plus we had to circle the area for over an hour to find parking because most lots close at 2, and the hotel has NO parking!!! Ugh. It was stressful & almost ruined the last night of our honeymoon but a very kind parking attendant took pity on us & let us stay overnight. We thought it would be nice to be so close to Bayside, but I'll definitely stick to Regency next time.

Thank you so much. I will look at Regency right now.

What is this train that you mentioned? I didn't know Miami had a train.

I think train was probably the wrong word. :) I believe it was called the Metro Mover, but I'm not 100% sure. In my city, we refer to it as the transit....but I suppose it is just like an above-ground subway? Not the fanciest mode of traveling, but it was fine for us & many other people. Sorry for the confusion!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using Forums mobile app

• 1 year later...

Just as an update - the Regency no longer has free shuttle to the cruise port. We had to pay for the shuttle and then you have to catch a cab to get back to the hotel.