Transportation question?

Jenlwarren

I was wondering if someone could give me advice. We are wanting to go to Maho and Orient beach. What's the best way to do this? Taxi or hire a driver for the day? I read it was about $8 pp to Maho from the port and $8 pp to orient from the port. But here's my question, is there taxis available at both beaches? When we are ready to go, will we have any problems finding a taxi? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was wondering if someone could give me advice. We are wanting to go to Maho and Orient beach. What's the best way to do this? Taxi or hire a driver for the day? I read it was about $8 pp to Maho from the port and $8 pp to orient from the port. But here's my question, is there taxis available at both beaches? When we are ready to go, will we have any problems finding a taxi? Thanks in advance!

As far at hiring a driver for the day, that's up to you and I guess the cost of a private tour. You can easily take a taxi to Orient Beach from the pier and yes, there will be taxis available at Orient to take you to Maho beach afterwards. There are also plenty of taxi drivers at Maho Beach to take you back to the pier. You will hear taxis drivers at Maho asking people on the beach and at the bar at Sunset Bar and Grill if anyone needs a ride going back to the ship.

Approx. cost for 2 people from Philipsburg to Orient is $20, 3 or more people $9 pp and more than 5 people would be $7 pp. Taxi from Orient Beach to Maho will be $30 for 2 people and less $ with additional passengers.

The flight schedule for Princess Juliana Airport, which is opposite Maho Beach is below and only for a 24 hour period. When it get closer to your sail date, a week before, check the schedule below on the *day* you will arrive. So if you arrive on a Wednesday, check the Wednesday prior to arrival and you'll see all the arrivals and departures times for each airline.

http://sunsetsxm.com/index.php/about-us/flight-schedules

Enjoy and have a great time!

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

As far at hiring a driver for the day, that's up to you and I guess the cost of a private tour. You can easily take a taxi to Orient Beach from the pier and yes, there will be taxis available at Orient to take you to Maho beach afterwards. There are also plenty of taxi drivers at Maho Beach to take you back to the pier. You will hear taxis drivers at Maho asking people on the beach and at the bar at Sunset Bar and Grill if anyone needs a ride going back to the ship.

Approx. cost for 2 people from Philipsburg to Orient is $20, 3 or more people $9 pp and more than 5 people would be $7 pp. Taxi from Orient Beach to Maho will be $30 for 2 people and less $ with additional passengers.

The flight schedule for Princess Juliana Airport, which is opposite Maho Beach is below and only for a 24 hour period. When it get closer to your sail date, a week before, check the schedule below on the *day* you will arrive. So if you arrive on a Wednesday, check the Wednesday prior to arrival and you'll see all the arrivals and departures times for each airline.

http://sunsetsxm.com/index.php/about-us/flight-schedules

Enjoy and have a great time!

Thank you so much! I would much rather just do a taxi, but wasn't sure if there would be any available for the ride back. 77 days and counting!

QUOTE]