When is it the best time for deals?

So we were originally going to cruise again this year with our now 18 month old daughter, but are expecting again in October and are postponing until next year. So I started looking at some late 2017 cruises since we figured it would be better to bring a 12 month old and almost 3 year old on a cruise at those ages.

I try to look for cruises from September to December in 2017 leaving out of New Jersey or New York to avoid airfare costs. There are plenty of choices but the main ones that lean more towards kid friendly include Disney, Norwegian and Royal Carribean that have rather up-to-date ships. We have spoiled ourselves with Balcony rooms in the past and the added benefit of having a place to escape to while the little ones sleep make those the ideal choice.

I know Norwegian has offers for kids sale free (3rd and 4th guest sale free until tomorrow with their promotion). I found references from them a few years back but I am not sure if they still do this at all. $6000 for a Balcony room on one of their few NY sailing ports is too steep for us though I am sure the cruise can be worth it.

Norwegian Breakaway, which I was on twice, is about $2750 with the promotion which is fantastic. While Royal Carribean is almost $1000 more with no promotion.

- I am tempted to purchase the Breakaway trip today before the end of sale but I wanted to try to have some family join me and this is really short timing (I just started looking today unfortunately). Is this a promotion I should wait a year to buy it when it pops back up? Or will I not find the same rate?

- Will Royal Carribean offer a similar promotion in the near future based on their previous sales? I would prefer to sale the Anthem of the Seas since it would be brand new to us.

- Does Disney ever offer kids sale free or any other promotions? I don't mind paying extra for Disney but paying almost double is out of the question.

Thanks for any feedback! And I look forward to the new experience of cruising while spending most of my time trying to keep my two daughters from causing chaos.

• 1 month later...

A couple of things that have helped us. If you like cruising, join at least one lines loyalty group. It's free and you'll get emails on sales and information. Next, once you have found a ship you like, look for a repeat voyage but this time stay onboard the entire time. You'll have the ship practically to yourself during shore excursions to places you've been or don't want to go and be able to relax with all the extra room. Think about a beverage package, even if it's just water. It's nice to have it in your stateroom rather than go wandering around the decks to buy it or find a fountain and you'll probably stay healthier with the added hydration.:)

• 2 weeks later...

The most inexpensive cruises that we've come across are the TransAtlantic cruises. The reason that they are inexpensive is that the major cruise lines must relocate their ships between Europe and Florida and don't want to sail with unfilled cabins. These cruises depart from Europe in September and October. They depart from Europe in April and May for Florida.

Most TransAtlantic cruises include ports-of-call in the Caribbean, Azures and/or Canary Islands. The Canaries are wonderful to visit!

http://Canary-Islands.ca/

• 2 months later...