Surprise Cruise!

grahcruiser

I have purchased and planned for an Alaskan cruise for my husband's birthday. I arranged for his days off from work, I have hidden the purchases on a prepaid Visa card. It is so hard to keep the secret, but we are now only 38 days from leaving on this vacation. He has really been antsy for a vacation, and has no idea one is right around the corner. I casually asked tonight about his dream vacation.... and much to my surprise, the first word out of his mouth was "Alaska." He really has no way of knowing, so I'm sure he is not onto me.

I was originally going to drive to the airport before telling him, but I really need to give him one last chance to make sure he has everything he needs. I'm still considering having most of the luggage already packed in the car when he gets home from work and telling him to grab a bag for the weekend, driving to the airport and then take it from there.

I don't think I'll be able to contain it on that last day, so I'm probably just going to tell him before we leave.

I need help figuring out how to reveal the surprise. Has anyone successfully held out until the last minute? How did you reveal the surprise? I am open to all ideas. I've searched here and found some good ones, but I want one that matches his personality. He will love the surprise, so no worries there. I will have all day while he's at work to set up the reveal. We have a dog that could be part of it. Help me out, fellow cruisers! Give me all of your ideas, no matter how far-fetched they seem!!

My daughter surprised her husband with a trip to NYC for his 30th birthday and got his boss to say he wanted him along on a business trip to promote the hotel. He knew they were going to a comicon show after the trip, so he was already prepared that he needed to get ready for that. So her husband had to pack for both trips, dressy and very casual.

His boss came and picked hi up early in the morning and then we surprised my son-in-law at a coffee place they stopped at as they were "on their way" and he was told he was going to New York City. On the two hour drive to Toronto he just kept on saying he could not believe what was happening.

They had a blast! Hope you can figure out some way to keep the secret as long as you can.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thank you so much! I have a co-conspirator at his work who helped me get the time off for him. I think I will also ask him to play along with this and tell him he is scheduled for something out of town, too. That way he will mentally be prepared to be out of town that week. That has been my biggest concern, I didn't want him making any appointments. It's hard to keep it a secret for so long, but I think it will be worth it! Thanks again!!