Last minute Newbie questions!

GonnaSailtoo

Do we need bug spray for Castaway Cay? I've read that the "no-see-ums" can be really bad. Anyone had experience with that?

ICE: Is it automatically brought to our room? Do we get it ourselves? Or do we ask our attendant to bring it?

Anybody know the BEST time to try to ride the AquaDuck? I think this is going to be the biggest deal on the ship for my grandsons (ages 11, 8, and 8).

When we are waiting in line to board, do we have to stand outside in the heat like we do when we are waiting to board Royal Caribbean ships?

Where does everyone eat lunch on the first day? Is the buffet the best idea? Is it big enough for all guests, or does it get crazy crowded?

Thanks for any help you can give! Excited here - we leave tomorrow!

Do we need bug spray for Castaway Cay? I've read that the "no-see-ums" can be really bad. Anyone had experience with that?

ICE: Is it automatically brought to our room? Do we get it ourselves? Or do we ask our attendant to bring it?

Anybody know the BEST time to try to ride the AquaDuck? I think this is going to be the biggest deal on the ship for my grandsons (ages 11, 8, and 8).

When we are waiting in line to board, do we have to stand outside in the heat like we do when we are waiting to board Royal Caribbean ships?

Where does everyone eat lunch on the first day? Is the buffet the best idea? Is it big enough for all guests, or does it get crazy crowded?

No bug stay required in CC

Agree with stateroom host if you need ice and when.

Aquaduck first thing at 9am 12 noon on embarkation, after fireworks pirate night.

Embarkation you stay in the air conditioned terminal DCL is very civilised.

First dsy I eat in a Cabanas. There is a big flow it's crowded at 12.30 but eases off 1.30 when everyone hoes to their rooms.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

What ship are you sailing on?

My responses:

Can't hurt to bring the bug spray - I have not needed it but would rather have it jic

Ask your cabin attendant to keep your ice bucket filled - they will

AquaDuck - early on embarkation day - when it first opens in the am everyday - during dinner/show times and right before it closes are usually best times

Disney has an inside terminal - only time we had to stand outside was when were got to the port early - and we were entering the building from the parking garage - we had maybe a 5 minute wait outside until they opened the building.

The buffet can be crazy during any meal time - usually there is always a seat however. There is also a buffet lunch in Enchanted Garden - and a server there will get you drinks - if you prefer something a little more laid back and perhaps not as crowded. Fast Food is also open for lunch on embarkation day if that is your thing :)

Have a great cruise! Come back and tell us all about it

Bug spray on Castaway--normally not needed, but never hurts to bring it.

Ice--tell stateroom host and it will appear twice a day. If you need more, it is always available at the beverage station.

Aquaduck--embarkation day before lunch (before others have figured this out), early in the mornings, during dinner/show times, and on port days. Seriously, if you decide to skip one of the shows, you can ride over and over with no waiting.

Waiting to board, you don't have to stand in line at all. You are free to roam the terminal until your boarding number is called. And then you are not outside--the entire walk to the ship is enclosed and air conditioned.

Lunch on first day--most people with kids go to the pool deck because they have the buffet, the fast food outlets, and the pools. There is a lot of seating, but it can get crazy. Your other option is Enchanted Garden (which we love). There is more food selection on the pool deck, but we've never felt that we lacked for options by eating inside. EG is a buffet, but you are shown to a seat and beverage order taken, then you get your food from the line.

We didn't need bug spray a few weeks ago.

Our stateroom attendant brought ice.

Id say either go late or come back early on from Castaway if Aquaduck is a big deal, or like others said early in the am, or late. What ship are you going on? If you stay on ship one day in port it may be less crowded, though on the 3-day Dream cruise a lot of people skip Nassau to stay on the ship.

We waited inside to board, but actually we arrived around 1:15PM so we didn't even have to wait.

We boarded the ship around 1:45PM went to room 1st then our son wanted to check out the kids club then we went to Cabanas around 2:30 and lunch was only to be served until 3, we had no trouble finding a seat. We had eaten around 11 though at our Disney resort as we had 1 dining credit left to use so we weren't starving, just got some food to munch on.