Jost van dyke water taxi

angiebabes

It is a great way to enjoy your day. We haven't taken the water taxi from CGB in some time, we're returning there for a land vacation in the future and I asked a friend who stays in CGB during high season to get this for me and I should have something in a couple months. But I'd guess $50 - $75pp roundtrip to be safe. The ride is about 20 min, we have them drop us at White Bay and we taxi over to Foxy's in Great Harbor and have them pick us up there at a set time.

You can also ask for a phone contact at the BVI forum on TTOL and you may get something now -

traveltalkonline.com

• 3 months later...

I did this a few years back and it was awesome. We docked right at the Soggy Dollar Bar and stayed there a bit but a friend and I took a open air bus over to Foxy's I cannot wait until November as I will be doing this again!!! I'll look into my notes and see if I can see who and what .... I don't recall it being to expensive.

:p You're right of course blue_water!! In fact, I was surprised that we had to get out in about waist high and venture over. I was checking my notes from when I was there last, looks like I used Tortola Charters, but the website I had didn't work and when I googled, looks like they operate in a total different way now. I did contact Kuralu about a private sail over, so that might be an option. I looked at Speedy's Ferry Service, but that doesn't look like it goes to JVD. BVI360 didn't appear to be user friendly...couldn't figure out if they went to JVD or not...clicked a link and it wasn't found. But how fun!!! I love the pain killers and the beach was awesome...loved seeing the boats come in and the party people. Will have to go back to Foxy's too..

Yes, White Bay is a great spot to mingle and enjoy the Pussers Painkillers!

We'll be staying in Sapphire on STT next week and taking a day trip to Jost and this these webcams helped get through the cold spells up here!

http://www.soggydollar.com/webcam.htm

http://www.sapphireinthesun.com

ps, if all else fails the New Horizon ferry goes between West End, Tortola and Great Harbor, Jost...

Thanks for the tease Blue_Water! looks sunny and beautiful there today...beats my 19 degree morning! So, where do they dock in JVD? and is it easy to get to White Bay? I'll be there on a Sunday in slow season, November, so I'm wondering if they'll be running and the bars open. I'll have to do more research!

Thanks for the tease Blue_Water! looks sunny and beautiful there today...beats my 19 degree morning! So, where do they dock in JVD? and is it easy to get to White Bay? I'll be there on a Sunday in slow season, November, so I'm wondering if they'll be running and the bars open. I'll have to do more research!

Ferry from West End to Great Harbor, $5 taxi to WB. Yes, Soggy $ should be open, but you will probably miss Seddy and other spots as well as Seddie's dad Foxy.

• 2 weeks later...
Ferry from West End to Great Harbor, $5 taxi to WB. Yes, Soggy $ should be open, but you will probably miss Seddy and other spots as well as Seddie's dad Foxy.

you seem to be THE ressource on tortola , so i will chime in if i may ;)

we will be there in april , thinking of doing a Hike of sage mountain , do you know anything about it ? how long and if its worth it ?

thank you !

-Dan

you seem to be THE ressource on tortola , so i will chime in if i may ;)

we will be there in april , thinking of doing a Hike of sage mountain , do you know anything about it ? how long and if its worth it ?

thank you !

-Dan

Dan actually I know very little about hiking Sage because we're beach bums and we spend our time by or on the water. But if you ask that question on or search the BVI forum on TTOL you'll get some good feedback.

traveltalkonline.com

Dan actually I know very little about hiking Sage because we're beach bums and we spend our time by or on the water. But if you ask that question on or search the BVI forum on TTOL you'll get some good feedback.

traveltalkonline.com

ok thank you :)