Does anyone remember the Ariadne?

Does anyone remember the small cruise ship Ariadne? I am sure she ended up with the shpbreakers in India. I sailed on her with my parents and brother 40 years ago from Florida to Cozumel, when Cozumel was a sleepy little town with dirt roads. We had to tender in and we had to climb down steep stairs from the side of the ship. I remember that the library/lounge had wood paneling and she was quite elegant. I saw her again some years later in drydock in Port Everglades, Florida. More like a yacht on steroids than a cruise ship. Quite the adventure for a teenager.

http://www.simplonpc.co.uk/ChandrisBonVivant.html

Try this site, it appears that she sailed through a few name changes and was eventually scrapped in the late 90s.

Thanks for the information. She was a beautiful ship in her day and I really had a nice cruise on her. I wish my father was still alive to ask how he booked this cruise to begin with. I appreciate the link.

• 2 months later...
Does anyone remember the small cruise ship Ariadne? I am sure she ended up with the shpbreakers in India. I sailed on her with my parents and brother 40 years ago from Florida to Cozumel, when Cozumel was a sleepy little town with dirt roads. We had to tender in and we had to climb down steep stairs from the side of the ship. I remember that the library/lounge had wood paneling and she was quite elegant. I saw her again some years later in drydock in Port Everglades, Florida. More like a yacht on steroids than a cruise ship. Quite the adventure for a teenager.

and the Bahamas was THE place to go, my TA said Ariadne was exotic, but I chose another, but did meet up with some crew members for drinks in Nassau. Nice Greek boys !

• 6 years later...
and the Bahamas was THE place to go, my TA said Ariadne was exotic, but I chose another, but did meet up with some crew members for drinks in Nassau. Nice Greek boys !

this was my very very first cruise ship - it was in the spring of 64.

I remember coming back to Miami port. They put our luggage on the pier and fumigated it. It was a 7 day cruise.