Self drive mini boat excursion

Ms Jo UK

Sailinf on Oasis inSeptember and due to the wierd times in port we have thought we would do a ship sponsored excurion.

We booked the self drive mini boats for 3 hours and wondered if anyone has done this through RCL and can give feedback.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My son and I did these mini boats on our own, not through a cruise ship. My son drove the boat, and I was the passenger. He said it was a little hard to steer, but was not a major problem. He had never driven a boat before, and did perfectly fine. The guide, Bally, is absolutely outstanding. We saw plenty of sights, and he was also an excellent snorkel instructor. The snorkeling where we went was not great, but the lessons he gave were excellent. Bally also used my camera to take some great pictures of my son and I. It was a fun experience, overall. We would not do it again on our next trip, but I definitely feel like it is worth doing once. If you have any questions, please let me know.

My son and I did these mini boats on our own, not through a cruise ship. My son drove the boat, and I was the passenger. He said it was a little hard to steer, but was not a major problem. He had never driven a boat before, and did perfectly fine. The guide, Bally, is absolutely outstanding. We saw plenty of sights, and he was also an excellent snorkel instructor. The snorkeling where we went was not great, but the lessons he gave were excellent. Bally also used my camera to take some great pictures of my son and I. It was a fun experience, overall. We would not do it again on our next trip, but I definitely feel like it is worth doing once. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thank you for this information - Royal cancelled this and refunded our money - oh well maybe next time.