Obstructed View Cabins Pacific Pearl

petan2

Hi, I would welcome feedback from passengers who have been in an obstructed view cabin on deck eight on the Pearl. Advice as to which cabins.have least obstruction would be appreciated. We are currently booked in one of the first ones mid ship going the different direction to the norm. Does this mean the head of the bed is under the window. Think we are 8123. Any info welcome. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I can't help with the cabins with the least obstruction, however we stayed on deck 9 and felt the obstruction here was less than on deck 8. Deck 8 the bottom of the boat obstructs most the view we noticed when in public areas, but our cabin in deck 9 we looked out over the top of a life boat

We have done four cruises on the pearl and one on jewel the last two years and have had cabin 8140 all times.

We like the position and you can just see the ocean from under the life boat but still get daylight.

We find obstructive view good for an in between price on inside and ocean view as your not in the cabin much anyway.

The money we save by not having an unobstructed or balcony pays towards our drinks and onboard spending money :)

On port days you see the guys lowering the tenders this can be a bit noisy but we're usually up on deck with coffee watching pulling into port anyway :)

Edited by taffy62

Not on the pearl but on the jewel there was an annoying wind sort of noise it only happened some times I think it was something to do with how they secured the tenders but I don't know hubby think it was the air con but I disagreed it sounded like wind going through cabled it annoyed that c... Out of me lol

we never noticed any noise, though if your window is overlooking the tender boats there will be noise when the lower and raise them, which can be early in the morning. I agree though, the savings here from staying in an obstructed view can be spent elsewhere!

I am too booked in to an obstructed view on the PP. We went for deck 9 as the reading I did suggested that you looked over rather than at the boats. We are in 9146 for a Feb 2016 cruise.

Anyway the readings of the various boards gave me the following:

9121 and I could see right over the top of the tender

9149 and had no problems seeing what-so-ever due to there being no boat in our way.

There was a gap between the bulkhead where we were and where the tender boats started.

9025 and 9143 and were really happy with our cabins. You will find that being on deck 9 you are looking over the top of the boats and you will still have a nice outlook with lots of natural light