Gothenburg port to Haga

kadey

We will be on Serenade of the Seas and stopping in Gothenburg. We would like to spend time in the Old part of town,Haga. Is it a walkable distance (to me that means about 10-15 mins!) or would you suggest a cab ride? Are cabs easily gotten from the port and from Haga to return to the ship? I'd appreciate any advice that you can share!

Thank you for all the information! Since our time is limited I would rather just grab a taxi. Do you know if they are reasonably priced? Where I live a 20 minute taxi ride would be about $50 each way. If this is the same in Gothenburg,I am wondering if going to Haga would be worth the $100 fare.

I don't know exactly how much it would cost but around 370SEK for the trip there and slightly less if you make the return trip before 3pm.

So perhaps around $40-45 USD These prices are for Taxi kurir.

http://www.taxikurir.se/orterisverige/goteborg/taxikurirgoteborg/varapriser.4.3110ee8c1495db7443266ea.html

Taxi Göteborg are more expensive then Taxi Kurir.

Taxi 020 are slightly cheaper and will cost around 35USD if you do both after 9am and before 3pm.

http://www.taxi020.se/boka-taxi-020/priser/

Note the prices are only relative and it might differ a little.

Once again, I thank you for your time! Yes, the prices are not that much different but if I see a choice of taxis at the port or in town I will choose the less expensive one! .I appreciate your help!

• 1 month later...

We will be docking at Gothenburg on the Regal Princess at the Skandiahamnen port. There is 8 of us so we are planning on taking a taxi. Will we need to take two taxis or will there be taxis that will fit 8 people? How much approximately will it cost (and how long will it take) to get to the Old Town Haga? Also, if we want to visit the Volvo Museum, how long will it take to get there from the port? Is the museum at all close to the Old Town?

We will be docking at Gothenburg on the Regal Princess at the Skandiahamnen port. There is 8 of us so we are planning on taking a taxi. Will we need to take two taxis or will there be taxis that will fit 8 people? How much approximately will it cost (and how long will it take) to get to the Old Town Haga? Also, if we want to visit the Volvo Museum, how long will it take to get there from the port? Is the museum at all close to the Old Town?

The Volvo museum basically about 100 hundred meters from where your ship berths.

Taxi Göteborg have vans for 5-8 people, not sure about Taxi Kurir Göteborg.

Taxi Kurir Göteborg will cost about 50 Canadian dollars for a regular car.

Taxi Göteborg will cost about 70 C-dollars for an 8 person van but that need booking in advance.

It will take about 15-20 with a taxi.

Edited by Desdichado62