Pixie dust thread

cruiserninja1

I'm going to be a jerk here and not share. With many DCL cruises since 1998, we have had lots of things happen that were not expected. BUT if I list them here, people start to expect them...and then to be disappointed when they don't get the same "perk" or benefit that we got.

Some of the things that have happened were system wide--we tend to do long cruises and several back to back cruises. On some of these, there were extra little benefits for back to back cruisers or for platinum castaway guests. On others, they were due to a kindness of one CM arranging something for us. And still others "just happened." When Tiana was newly on the ship, she walked right by me in Shutters and graciously allowed me to photograph her dress in some detail. On another cruise we were on deck 10 on embarkation day and a couple of chipmunks showed up out of no where.

Yeah I meant that kind of pixie dust! I never thought of pixie dust of something that should be expected like a perk but rather something that just happened and made you smile.

My sister is super shy and tends to just look down and nod when meeting a character always saying thank you and trying to make eye contact but blushing uncontrollably . One day we found Ariel by the elevators and she took the time to have a lengthy conversation with my sister that really brought her out of her shell for the rest of the cruise ImageUploadedByForums1394063881.150279.jpg.d5401a7a7a61691d7b96604f92fe55b0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We love the random character interactions. Being on an elevator with no one else and having Goofy step on with you - our son loved having Goofy to himself in the elevator and Goofy definitely played the part during the ride. On our last cruise, we were playing shuffleboard and it felt like we had the entire deck 4 to ourselves - Mickey and Donald came out of a crew area (probably on the way to a signing?) and Donald stopped and played shuffleboard with us for a moment. Our son (and us) got a huge kick out of that.

I know ! Moments like that is what gets us super excited for our next cruise! My sister was also chosen to start the Golden Mickeys , you know when they interview people outside the theatre and are showing it simultaneously inside ? She didn't know everyone inside was watching her , she thought it was just pretend . When we walked inside , everyone told her she was a celebrity!

I know ! Moments like that is what gets us super excited for our next cruise! My sister was also chosen to start the Golden Mickeys , you know when they interview people outside the theatre and are showing it simultaneously inside ? She didn't know everyone inside was watching her , she thought it was just pretend . When we walked inside , everyone told her she was a celebrity!

Ah the Golden Mickeys moments....like when my darling announced to the whole ship that I was turning 50 on the cruise! Rona asked her why we had chosen this cruise, so she told them. Interestingly, we did get a birthday surprise sent to our cabin--gift from the CD and crew. We were not in concierge and they sent the concierge munchies to our room for the remainder of the cruise. Nice touch.

We took our first Disney Cruise last summer . . . A few cool pixie dust things happened.

- I set up a meet and greet for everyone that was going. One of the concierge guests that had a cabana asked us if we wanted it. Of course. Very, very nice.

- My 6-year old and I did the Midship Detective Agency. At the end, Peter Pan jumped out and spent about 5 minutes with us.

- The Captain came up to us in the dining room. I took that opportunity to get a picture. He asked was the cruise perfect. I said yes, except for one minor thing. He asked what it was and I told him it was minor and he didn't need to be engaged. He insisted. Essentially, one of our wave phones wasn't working. After a couple of trips to guest services, we essentially had to buy a new wave phone (long story, but I wasn't going to waste any more time trying to fix it). In 30 minutes, we had a new working wave phone delivered to our room. The charge was deleted. AND there were presents delivered every day to our room with a personal note of apology. I don't like to make a big deal of these things, but they took a minor negative and turned it into a big, big positive.

I like the random character interactions - we have been lucky with those. I would say we "ran into" a character on each of our cruises. The one on one time is nice!

We won a shutters credit on our second cruise. I was handed something when we boarded that looked like an advertisement but for some reason I actually read it. It just asked that you drop the card off at shutters by 3pm on embarkation day with your name/room # to be entered. We ended up winning a photo package :)

Ah the Golden Mickeys moments....like when my darling announced to the whole ship that I was turning 50 on the cruise! Rona asked her why we had chosen this cruise' date=' so she told them. Interestingly, we did get a birthday surprise sent to our cabin--gift from the CD and crew. We were not in concierge and they sent the concierge munchies to our room for the remainder of the cruise. Nice touch.[/quote']

Love that - so thoughtful

How could I forget Golden Mickeys?! On our first cruise our daughter was interviewed on the red carpet! I know that they do this for many of the guests so I guess it isn't technically pixie dust. However being our first cruise I wasn't really aware so it felt like pixie dust to us.

We love the random character interactions. Being on an elevator with no one else and having Goofy step on with you - our son loved having Goofy to himself in the elevator and Goofy definitely played the part during the ride. On our last cruise, we were playing shuffleboard and it felt like we had the entire deck 4 to ourselves - Mickey and Donald came out of a crew area (probably on the way to a signing?) and Donald stopped and played shuffleboard with us for a moment. Our son (and us) got a huge kick out of that.

Goofy could be the best character to run into ! We had a few great run ins with him.

We have a couple; my girls and a friend of theirs had just come out of the BBB, and were all "Princessed" up. I had need to go by guest services for a moment, and who should pop out of a door right behind us but Snow White!

attachment.php?attachmentid=304758&stc=1&d=1394211798

Next was at a character meet-n-greet, we had Captain Jack Sparrow and my girls in their pirate costumes. I told my oldest one to ask Captain Jack "Why is the rum always gone". she did, and without missing a beat, Captain Jack answers "I don't know, but I suspect Elizabeth Swann has been getting into it!". Priceless

attachment.php?attachmentid=304759&stc=1&d=1394211798

1581343591_image(1).jpg.a217efe58064dae011730009fd333491.jpg

image.jpg.71f94f52cfc01a402d8b113199b4687c.jpg

I have two, both with my late husband. On our very first cruise ever as sail away began my husband was edgy, not sure he wanted to be on a ship but going for me. When the horn sounded he changed into a kid again. Loved it. The second one, we were standing at the railing looking down into the lobby. I looked to my left to make a comment to him and there stood Goofy in between us! :eek:My husbands eyes were as big as saucers. Got a great pic out of it-the two Goofys standing together.:D

I have two, both with my late husband. On our very first cruise ever as sail away began my husband was edgy, not sure he wanted to be on a ship but going for me. When the horn sounded he changed into a kid again. Loved it. The second one, we were standing at the railing looking down into the lobby. I looked to my left to make a comment to him and there stood Goofy in between us! :eek:My husbands eyes were as big as saucers. Got a great pic out of it-the two Goofys standing together.:D

Love it!

After a wonderful day at Castaway Cay, Chip and Dale were on our Tram ride back to Disney Magic. My DD (8) sat next to Dale and talked to him the whole way. She asked him if he likes nuts (of course he nodded yes). Once we got off the tram the two of them skipped all the way back to the ship while holding hands. Priceless!!!

My son and I took our very first cruise on one of the inaugural Disney Dream Cruises in 2011 leaving Easter Sunday. His Birthday was that Tuesday onboard as well. I sent a present ahead by mail that I ordered off of the Disney Store website that looked like a wrapped Mickey present and had a Birthday Mickey and other stuff inside. When I got onboard and checked with Guest Services, they couldn't find it. I got passed around between a Supervisor and two managers. This went on for almost 3 days. One CSR said he would personally handle it seeing how nobody else really was. Although I was stressed over it, we were having a great time, so I took it all in stride and waited hoping for the best. Tuesday night at dinner Steve personally delivered his present and had a whole conversation with my son about his cruise and his Birthday and how happy was for him. BUT WAIT . . . when we got back to our room after dinner there was the usual laid out on the bed, but the room was re-decorated and there was a certificate, a limited edition Captain Mickey, and a note from Steve saying how he was glad to have been able to help and more. It is still one of the favorite gifts my son has ever received. :D

We were departing Charlotte Amalie on my Brother's birthday so I went to deck 10 to get a cell signal to call him. In the middle of the call, the horns let loose with "When You Wish Upon a Star." He says "What the heck was that?" I explained that it was the magical ship's horn on the Magic. He says "I gotta bring the kids on that ship!" Sadly, he hasn't.

Edited by Host Mick

For us, it was a hoot being outside on deck 4 on the Magic and having Goofy come walking along the deck and then plop down in one of the loungers!

And on a different cruise, being outside on deck 4 again when Timon came along and started playing shuffleboard.

On the Alaska cruise, having Chip and Dale come walking up to us on deck 10.

One of the cutest was Alice just wandering around on deck 4. Barely anyone was around. We spent a few minutes with her and then she wandered off and ended up in front of a picture on the wall. She stood there for a long while admiring it!

More stories!

I have never cruised, and one week from today will be our embarkation (sp?) day on the Dream. I am almost 47 and am almost giddy with anticipation.

Plus, the two nights before we have savannah view rooms at AK, and while we bought out DVC membership there, we have never actually stayed there!

I came as a pirate wench with a full cavalier hat and corset and we standing up on deck. There were plenty of pirates and I didn't know anything about a deck show, I just thought it would be fire works.

A pirate comes up behind me and says in a low voice, "We are about to commandeer the ship!" and I said "are you a guest?" "A guest of what? We are going to take the ship!" so I said "I see you have a hat like mine, only much bigger." or something along those lines. He made a comment back, and then WOOSH he went down the ladder and the lights came on and all the pirates came out and "commandeered the vessel!"

Pretty fun stuff. Guess I looked piratey enough for him to invite me to join in their ship hijacking! :D

• 4 weeks later...

On our first Disney Cruise, my husband was napping in a chair by the pool. He was awakened by something tickling his face, thought it was me and told me to Stop! Imagine his surprise when he looked up and found Pluto tickling him with his long soft ears. Priceless!:)

Another time while strolling outside while in port we ran in to Captain Hook & his motley crew. They pretended to try to throw my husband overboard much to the delight of the people docked on the ship next to us. :D

Many, many, many more awesome memories. <3 Disney!:p