Discounts on Paradise Helicopter tours over Kilauea Volcano?

mikeerdas

Anyone know where I can get a discount price on tours over Kilauea with Paradise Helicopters? Also, since I'll be staying on the Kona side, and I imagine they're based in Hilo, would I just drive my rental car over to Hilo from the Kohala Coast area? Or do they do pick-ups? Thinking it would be a lot more convenient to drive over to Hilo--so I wouldn't be "stuck" waiting for transport back to the Kona side.

Anyone know where I can get a discount price on tours over Kilauea with Paradise Helicopters? Also, since I'll be staying on the Kona side, and I imagine they're based in Hilo, would I just drive my rental car over to Hilo from the Kohala Coast area? Or do they do pick-ups? Thinking it would be a lot more convenient to drive over to Hilo--so I wouldn't be "stuck" waiting for transport back to the Kona side.

Ok, after browsing Paradise Helicopter's prices, I can see the tours originating from Kona seem to be twice the price or more (gulp!) than those departing from Hilo. So we'll be making the drive from the Kohala Coast to Hilo for any helicopter tour over Kilauea. Definitely price sensitive, and I experienced heavy Sticker Shock looking at the Kona-based tours.

That said, are any discounts (coupons?) to be found for Paradise Helicopter tours based out of Hilo? Or is booking directly with them the least expensive way to book?

From personal experience unless the lava is flowing the heli ride is not worth the money unless you want to see total solid black lava. There will also be a lot of swerving, up and down movement so if your prone to motion sickness be prepared.

Having also done the Kuaui heli tour with out a doubt I would splurge and do this tour as y'll see sights and waters falls like you've never seen nor could you get to unless hiking that you cant see, it is the number one tour to do by heli just do google search or search here.