Beach suggestions in Progresso with a 7 year old.

txmomto1

We will be in Progresso in February, with our 7 year old son. I'm trying to plan what we will do that day. We may go on the ruins tour, but will probably just do a beach day. What's the best way to "hang at the beach" in Progresso. We will need chairs, food and a few beers for the adults!

Get off the courtesy bus in Progreso, walk two or three blocks to the beach. Pick a table and chairs in front of Le Saint Bonnet or other Malecon (beachside street) restaurant and you will be served.

Get off the courtesy bus in Progreso, walk two or three blocks to the beach. Pick a table and chairs in front of Le Saint Bonnet or other Malecon (beachside street) restaurant and you will be served.

Thanks for the tip! I've traveled a lot, but for some reason, I'm nervous about Progresso. More so for my mom and son. I've got 6 months to research, and study again so we should be good. I was all set in 2006, but we missed the port!

We spent a wonderful day there.

We met a woman from Canada that volunteers at the school, nursing home, food bank, etc and she took us on a tour of the school. We met the students and some classes prepared a essay for us. It truly was a great morning.

We were back at the flea market by 1:00 and took the bus tour. We then found a spot on the beach and relaxed.

A beautiful day all around. (except for customs - whole other story but that is not reflective of the people, beach or experience)

Archived