Caribbean Princess 11/27 2004 Review

jimmy627

Hello all this was my 1st princess cruise,but not my last by any means.

We got to Port Everglades just as boarding started. Wow the lines were long. But in just a short time we were on the ship.It moved very fast.

Day one the sailaway buffet was great, king crab legs ,lobster claws, and much more.

I have been on many cruises and this by far has one of the best buffets that a have seen.We had anytime dinning and ended up in the main dinning room only once on formal night.the buffet was just that good at the Horizon court or the Caribe cafe.

The bands that were on dcek were very good.the shows even thou we didn't see many were very good from what everyone said.THE MOVIES UNDER THE STARS was something to see .We saw spiderman 2 one evening.

We ended up going to San Jaun instead of Princees Cays . I've been to sj many times and was wanting to check out Princess Cays (guess i'll just have to book another cruise and try again.) san jaun would be much better if the ship could get there in the am.but we still managed to bring our 6 bottles of rum home,and do a little shopping and site seeing.

St . Thomas one of my favorite stops.We had a friend of ours pick us up a the dock and drove us around for a while before having him drop us off in town.He moved to st.thomas about 8 or 9 years ago.So in town we when to visit a friend at trident jewelers that we have known since 1984.If there stop in and say hi to Mac(not to much as i call him).tell him Jimmy said he would give you a good deal.

ok more about the CARIBBEAN PRINCESS .Everyone we talked wiyh that when to Sabtina's or Sterling steak house said it was wonderful.the ship being very large and full on this trip didn't have that crowed feeling that one would expect from this many people being on the ship.the spa area was really nice,swimmers get your exercise in the lap pool swimming agaist the current.

there were so many things on this ship that is just too much to mention so you'll just have to check it out.

my next Princess cruise i think i'm going to look at doing the ones that are about in the 90.000 ton class ,for this is my favorite class when cruisisng on CARNIVAL(88,500 TONS).

This is the 1st time i have wrote a review and am very happy to say PRINCESS was a very good vacation and you'll see me on there again.

ienjoy cruising the different lines.

everyone have a wonderful day and hey guys let me know about some of those ships in the 90,000 class range.

that's all for now

bye JIM

I am going on my first princess cruise in may on the CP -- and it also happens to be my wedding cruise (we're getting married at the aft pool before we sail from FLL) so I am excited to hear feedback about the ship and how it compares to others.

I have done only CCL prior to this so I am very excited.

Thanks so much for taking the time to tell us of your voyage. Glad to hear you liked the Caribbean Princess too.

Do you remember by chance anything else that was playing on Movies Under The Stars besided Spiderman 2?

Mental- I can't think of a better way to get married! I am thinking of telling my girls they have two choices on how to get married: Elope or have the ceremony on a cruise!

Thanks so much for taking the time to tell us of your voyage. Glad to hear you liked the Caribbean Princess too.

Do you remember by chance anything else that was playing on Movies Under The Stars besided Spiderman 2?

I, too, just got off the CP yesterday. The movies were Spiderman 2, I Robot, Tina Turner in Concert, Beyonce in Concert, Ice Age, Finding Nemo, Shrek, Grease, Splash, Back to the Future, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Big, Toy Story, Jurassic Park, Harry Potter, Princess Bride and a few others. Hey, I don't have this good a memory, just checked my patters.

I agree with Jimmy, it was a wonderful cruise and we would certainly do Princess again.

We had an 8-year old with us and the kids program was wonderful. She made lots of friends very fast and loved going every day.

We had a fantastic room steward and absolutely no complaints. Except that it is over!

I am going on my first princess cruise in may on the CP -- and it also happens to be my wedding cruise (we're getting married at the aft pool before we sail from FLL) so I am excited to hear feedback about the ship and how it compares to others.

I have done only CCL prior to this so I am very excited.

Mental, we witnessed a wedding near the aft pool on our Nov CB cruise. What a nice relaxed place. The wedding was really nice, as I am sure yours will be!

My comment would be, watch out for the Princess Newlywed Game in Explorer Lounge... The couple we witnessed tried it! While it was funny and fun, I don't think I could have done it. But hey, if it feels good........................

Jim thanks for the review..... CB was our first cruise. We had a great time as well and look forward to the next one! Smaller or Larger.. We just want to try it again!

Jimmy - nicely done. So glad we had the opportunity to meet. We enjoyed the Caribbean Princess as well and happy you had a positive first experience with Princess - especially since you are such a cruise veteran. :)

Hey, wanted to let you know that we parasailed after you and Lana did at Orient Beach. What a great experience!

Good luck with the plans for your 30th cruise!

Diane

Thanks for the feedback -- I think I will be sure to avoid the newlywed game....DF is not so into public, um, humiliation. hence the smaller, lower key option of onboard wedding (he loves cruising) with less fanfare and trumpeting.

lifeiscruising2 -- I think that is a fabulous plan for your daughters. I'm sure they'll see it that way. :-)

Archived