Arcade on Caribbean Princess

Adamcruises4life

We saw that sign that said SOMETHING "Arcade" and I was supposed to check it out for a friend. When I opened the door it didn't lead to a room at all but just a small area that was used for loading and unloading things. Maybe 12-15 feet from the door to the hull of the ship. I was kind of surprised as there is no way that they could fit an arcade into that small area.

With this ship geared more towards the younger set, we were kind of surprised that there wasn't an arcade for the kids onboard. :confused:

Was just on the Caribbean Princess - had a great time. While I was onboard the ship, I noticed an empty room - a staff member said it is eventually going to be an arcade (similar to the Grand Princess's virtual reality centre). Anyone know anything about this?

I heard that too...back in July. I suspect that there's something more going on there than waiting for video games to be shipped if, in the same time period, they can install a MUTS screen on the Grand.

It's a puzzle to be sure.

On the Golden last March I was really impressed with the video arcade. They had a lot of games and (I was told) they were all the latest ones. Oddly, I never saw anyone in there.

Then on the Caribbean Princess design they moved the kids stuff aft to make room for more Spa stuff forward and along with it an empty space that opened out on to the aft deck area, partitioned off by a mesh link fence and I have no idea what that place was. Never saw anyone in there either.

Then on the Caribbean Princess design they moved the kids stuff aft to make room for more Spa stuff forward and along with it an empty space that opened out on to the aft deck area, partitioned off by a mesh link fence and I have no idea what that place was. Never saw anyone in there either.

That was the Brig Under the Stars (BUTS). Obviously, not a popular feature.

I'd heard earlier this year that they were doing away with all the arcades on the ships and the new ones were being built without them. I was really bummed because, even though I'm in my 50s, I have had great fun in the arcades on the Grand and Golden.

P.S. Yes, the door that says "Fiesta Arcade" in the area of the atrium is just a fake door to nowhere. I think it's one of the places where they load people onto the ship at embarkation.

Archived