Just Returned from Serenade of Seas

buttons

Just returned from Serenade of the Seas. It is such a beautiful ship, nicely decorated and the staff are great. I have cruised 2 other lines and this is the best looking ship I have been on.

The food was okay. Nothing special. Most beef seemed to be overcooked, and I just could not stomach the scrambled eggs in the morning and when I would order eggs "fried with white done and yellow runny," I always got a runny white egg. Entertainment not as good as some of the other ships, but all in all, I would definitely go back on this ship.

Did Godfrey tour at St. Thomas and really felt like we saw the island, and he is an excellent tour guide.

Did Eli Eco Tour in Antigua and that was great and the guys were all so nice. Great boat and great tour. You can tell that Eli really loves his island.

Did Frank in St. Lucia. He was also great and gave us a lot of information and sights of his island. Very loveable guy.

Did Shore Trips on St. Martin. Not impressed with the tour we took. I don't blame the tour group, just that I did not pick a good tour.

Did ship tour on Barbados and it was nice also, but to be honest by the end of the week I was really getting tired and needed some down time so I was ready for the day at sea.

No major complaints with any of the cruise. Met wonderful tour guides and nice people on the tours so I can say I really did enjoy my cruise. I do go with the attitude that I am on vacation and am only going to look for the positive and not dwell on the negative.

I did parasailing in St. Martin on Orient Beach, $50.00 single, $80.00 couple if anyone is interested.

There was a lady on the bus with me in St. Lucia and she said she would be posting pictures in a couple of weeks of the whole cruise so be looking for those.

We were on the Serenade last February, and I couldn't agree with you more. It is an absolutely beautiful ship.

We were booked with Ely, but it was a horrible weather day, so he cancelled. The tour we took with a cab driver there was an experience that we won't soon forget!

Hi buttons, I was on the Serenade last week as well and really had a great cruise. I was also with Eli, I have posted some of the pictures from my trip on webshots, here is the link tell me if you were in any of the shots from Eli's tour:

http://community.webshots.com/user/daneicy80

Yes, I am barely in a couple of them. I was the older lady sitting up front in the black bathing suit. You have me in the "whirlpool" and then there is a back shot of me in the trip up Bird Island. Were you and your friend the ones sitting up front with us on the way back and enjoying the rum punch. I do remember you guys. That was such a great trip.

buttons-

Also I would love to see any pictures that you took! Thanks!

Unfortunately, we did not have a digital camera so I don't have any. I only used my underwater camera for these pictures because I thought I would be doing a lot of snorkeling but decided to just lay around the boat.

Just returned from Serenade of the Seas.

I did parasailing in St. Martin on Orient Beach, $50.00 single, $80.00 couple if anyone is interested.

Buttons: can you tell me about the parasailing on Orient Beach? We want to parasail but don't want to risk not having the time or their being too busy. I know we can book parasailing in St. Thomas but the cost is double. Could you fill in some details? Very appreciative.

There was only one other couple ahead of me to parasail. They take you out to the boat on a jet ski so you do get a little wet from that. Be sure and bring something to cover your camera if you are taking one. You will not get wet from the parasailing as it is all done from the boat. The guys are down by Bikini Beach area. I really did enjoy it and had been wanting to do it for a long time.

Did anyone keep the daily newsleter "Compass"?

I am going with a group of 11 next month on the Serenade, and we are trying to get an idea of what is happening each day on the ship.

Thanks for all of your reviews on your excursions!!! I have already been in contact with Godfrey earlier this week and am looking forward to the tour. What time did he pick you up at the dock?

Am also seriosly considering the Eli tour... the pictures have sold me. I need to contact them soon.

Thanks, and glad to here you had a great time!

Thanks for posting them, I realy apreciate it!!!!!! :D

I herd the muster drill was around 8:30 on Saturday... is that correct?

I have a few Compasses that I will send you by mail if you will e-mail me your address. The muster is around 8:00. It is between the first dinner and the second dinner. The easiest muster I have been through. Enjoy your trip. My e-mail is whitsonshirley@hotmail.com. I will get these out to you tomorrow if you get me your address. I don't have a scanner, and am not too smart on the computers. ha

I have a few Compasses that I will send you by mail if you will e-mail me your address. The muster is around 8:00. It is between the first dinner and the second dinner. The easiest muster I have been through. Enjoy your trip. My e-mail is whitsonshirley@hotmail.com. I will get these out to you tomorrow if you get me your address. I don't have a scanner, and am not too smart on the computers. ha

Any chance you could fax them to me?

Another question,

Is the captain taking the ship into the bay and doing the 360 degree turn as they did the last time they did the eastern run with the Serenade?

Also, I heard they take you close by other Islands that the ship does not stop at and the Captain gives you a little info on those islands. Is that still happening?

I would hate to do that as I would have to fax them from work and there are 7 days of Compass with 4 pages a day. That would be a lot of faxing at work and I don't know that I would have the time or that my boss would appreciate it. Sorry

there is a guy on another thread re; Serenade of the Seas that made copies of his Compasses and will mail them or fax them to people. Check the other site. He may be able to help you more than I could. If not, like I said earlier, I will be glad to mail them to you.

Archived