Reef Club Beach Resort Through Carnival??

johnacaddell

Hello,

We will be in Progreso on Feb 8th. We are thinking about doing this Progreso Resort Beach Break at the Reef Club through Carnival. They want $76 per person for this. Has anyone done this? Is it worth the $76 or can I pay a cheaper price to do the same thing?

It is our first time there, and we just kind of want to chill, drink good drinks, and eat some good mexican food. We will be in Cozumel the next day, and that is where we will be doing all the cool stuff.

Open to Suggestions. Thanks.

Hello,

We will be in Progreso on Feb 8th. We are thinking about doing this Progreso Resort Beach Break at the Reef Club through Carnival. They want $76 per person for this. Has anyone done this? Is it worth the $76 or can I pay a cheaper price to do the same thing?

It is our first time there, and we just kind of want to chill, drink good drinks, and eat some good mexican food. We will be in Cozumel the next day, and that is where we will be doing all the cool stuff.

Open to Suggestions. Thanks.

Yeah ,it was worth it to us, as that's all we were looking for and it's a really nice resort. Large pool, several sections with connecting bridges, water V ball area etc. Drinks were whatever you wanted at the bar and the food was buffet. I'm not an expert on that type food, but was good to me. Beach was nice and clean, but remember it's Not the caribbean stuff you'll get in Coz. It's the gulf of mex. kinda greenish clear. Lots of people in the water in sept. but it was warmer then. We're there Feb. 1st. and have thought about doing it again, but will wait till we're there in case of rain. As for the cost, the ship is definitly higher but less trouble, unless there is an auto progresso setup on the dock, which I think there is, and then you could just walk in and decide to go. We might do that this time. The only thing that stops us on this is its a 45 min. bus ride there and if your bus with anyone else besides the ship breaks down and you are late then you're subject to be left. I personally would try this but DH has a real fear of getting left. Yeah, happened to us before. Yeah, my fault, guess I don't get a vote anymore!

Autoprogreso is the same company that provides the courtesy bus from the ship into town. It would not be in their or Carnival's interest to not get you back in time. In eight or ten years, I have never once read or heard of someone being left behind because of Autoprogreso. If anyone else has found such information on this extensive board, please enlighten us. For me, going to an all-inclusive is not a foreign travel experience.

Archived