Luggage Express- San Juan info needed

Buffettfan 225

• 1 month later...

The specifics are only available on board, as far as I know...

Here's the information from Carnival regarding Luggage Express:

Rather than check in at the airport for the return flights, eligible guests may choose to participate for just a nominal fee of $20 per person. Guests will receive both their airline boarding passes and their luggage tags while they are enjoying their vacation at sea. Better yet, they will only need to place their checked luggage outside of their stateroom and will not touch it again until they claim it at their final destination.

Only a maximum of two bags per guests can be checked-in.

Applicable on most major domestic airlines – guest will need to check on board for participating airlines as airlines

are subject to change.

Applicable to:

o U.S. Citizens and Canadian Citizens with proper travel documentation; if flying to Canada, a valid passport is required.

o U.S Alien Residents with an Alien Registration Card.

o International Guests with proper travel documentation traveling to a U.S airport or Canadian airport destination.

Flight/s must be on a participating airline, departing from the airport on the same day of debarkation to a U.S airport or Canadian airport destination.

Early in the cruise, eligible guests receive an invitation in their stateroom to participate in the program. They complete the registration form and sign it to authorize a $20 per person charge to their Sail & Sign account and then drop it off at the Guest Services Desk. The day prior to debarkation, airline boarding passes, luggage tags along with a letter are delivered to the stateroom. Guests place the tags on the luggage that will be checked in and then place it outside their stateroom for collection. On debarkation day, participants may debark at their convenience (see procedure below for guests departing from Vancouver).

The luggage will be transferred from the ship to the corresponding airline and flight. Guests must claim their bags upon flight arrival at their final destination. If there are any delays or problems with their luggage, guests need to contact the airline to report any problems.

Debarkation Day Procedures for Guests Departing from Vancouver

On debarkation day, participants will be required to meet in a designated lounge for priority disembarkation.

Eligible guests that have a Carnival bus transfer (Fly Aweigh guests and Cruise Only guests with a pre-purchased transfer) have the additional benefit whereby they will be transferred directly from the ship to a specially designated airport facility. There, they are processed through passenger screening before proceeding directly to the U.S. departures area. Although a completed Customs form is required at both the port and the airport, there is no formal government interview. However, the agencies reserve the right to interview passengers at their discretion.

Guests that have not purchased a Carnival transfer will arrive independently at the airport terminal on the U.S. departures level. Once inside the terminal, they are able to by-pass airline check-in and enter a dedicated U.S. Residents Customs and Border Protection queue. Upon completion of all formalities, guests will go through the normal security screening before proceeding to the U.S. departures gate area.

Note: Guests without a Carnival transfer will not be permitted to debark with guests that have a transfer. We recommend that all participating guests choose the same transfer option so as to avoid separation. Transfers are available to purchase from the Shore Excursion office during the cruise.

It's been a year since we cruised out of San Juan, but we did luggage express and we met at a designated area (lounge up front, can't remember name of it). We were off ship around 8:00 and to airport by 8:30. We flew AA and had a 11:50AM flight. Worked great for us.

It's been a year since we cruised out of San Juan, but we did luggage express and we met at a designated area (lounge up front, can't remember name of it). We were off ship around 8:00 and to airport by 8:30. We flew AA and had a 11:50AM flight. Worked great for us.

Thanks Dotte! I have seen posts stating that if your flight is booked before a certain time, you are not able to do the luggage express. I can't find what the mysterious time is though. My flight is 10:51 but if all goes as smoothly as it did for you, I should be fine.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Dotte! I have seen posts stating that if your flight is booked before a certain time, you are not able to do the luggage express. I can't find what the mysterious time is though. My flight is 10:51 but if all goes as smoothly as it did for you, I should be fine.

Not sure when you were flying out of San Juan, but if you already have, can I ask if there were any issues? My flight out is at 11:00, and I'm a little stressed about making it. I had planned to do the self-assist with my luggage, but someone said it isn't available on Victory.

Thanks!

Archived