expensive?

MillbrookMom

I once read an article about a Tahiti/Bora Bora cruise on Paul Gauguin cruises, and since then it has been my dream to one day do one. I can't seem to find a lot of mainstream info on them though (mainly pricing). Are they expensive? How long are the cruises? Curious for the future. Thanks.

French Polynesia is expensive any way you try to do it. The PG gives you the best value and you get to visit multiple islands. The ship has a casual atmosphere with a great crew and great food. You need to start saving. It's worth it. We will be on our 5th PG cruise in November!

French Polynesia is expensive any way you try to do it. The PG gives you the best value and you get to visit multiple islands. The ship has a casual atmosphere with a great crew and great food. You need to start saving. It's worth it. We will be on our 5th PG cruise in November!

Nicely said!! We completely agree. Our first trip to FP was to a hotel in Papeete. The PG is a totally different experience that far, far surpassed our land based vacation. We are looking forward to planning another trip for next year too!

• 3 weeks later...

Land based in French Polynesia hotels is very expensive, and the Paul Gauguin is more attractive to me. If you need to be on land (as I'm doing to dive in Rangiroa before my cruise) the small pensions/B&B's are a better value than the hotels.

If you want a land-based resort Fiji is much better value for the $ than French Polynesia.

Archived