Ruby B743

swom

We are in this cabin, all the way aft and there is the "wall" next to us, which I know from past cruises is the stairwell.

Does ANYONE know if this "wall" juts out where our view on that side will be blocked?

It's getting a little late to change our cabin now, but I am worried about this wall blocking our views on the left side. This is the last cabin on the starboard side of the ship..anyone have an answer for me............please!

B743 faces straight out, just like almost all the other side balconies; there is an angled wall ~ 45 degrees to your right when standing at the rail. It is blank next to you, but up on Aloha and Riviera deck there are cabins in this space, with angled railings. This is not a very close picture, but it is from the Ruby:

2826776050059670232CvNWVN_th.jpg

You can find a full discussion of this area on a couple of threads here on CC, with closer pictures from the CB, which has the same layout as the Ruby. Here is one of them and an attachment pic:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1019676

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=131994

This is a post from another thread.

Yes, but we don't have the bump out cabin, I just want to make sure we can stand at the rail and see out on that side too.
From the photo and our experience on a Caribe deck cabin, your cabin will have a 45 degree angled wall extending about 4 feet from the end of you balcony. You will not be able to look straight back.

How did you feel about that? Would you book the same cabin again?? This is exactly what I was afraid of.

Thanks for your input. I really appreciate it.

From the photo and our experience on a Caribe deck cabin, your cabin will have a 45 degree angled wall extending about 4 feet from the end of you balcony. You will not be able to look straight back.

How did you feel about that? Would you book the same cabin again?? This is exactly what I was afraid of.

Thanks for your input. I really appreciate it.

The Caribe deck balconies are 9 feet deep rather than the 5 feet deep in the Baja and other decks and our balcony extended go to the end of the 45 degree wall. We enjoyed the balcony because we could look 45 degrees to the aft while sitting down or go to our railing and look totally aft. I have attached a photo. Your room will end at the angle.

C743.jpg.2f10b1a252645ef0ca49ecff9f42ad52.jpg

Archived