Never again on any Radiance Family ships...

I am currently on the Jewel and don't care much for her. I have always cruised on the Voyager family and let me tell you what a difference it makes. This ship is small compared to any of the Voyager family ships. Like i said NEVER again on any Radiance Family ships.

A pic of our room.

By the way, I saw a few people with Cruise Critic T shirts on and they looked pretty silly.:D

20.jpg.458f598cc5c0cdd46d5840fb2339f99b.jpg

21.jpg.fbbc99ae637403be9dde5d4a84c03531.jpg

22.jpg.da6d7339ead8b7e3fe979649a54fd057.jpg

Was your cabin an OS or GS? Looked really nice to me! I was thinking of the Jewel or Radiance for our next cruise to try something different, but DH feels that he would be disappointed going to the smaller Radiance class ships. What did you miss the most? DH says that he would miss the Promenade. Was the pool area more crowded?

You can't please all of the people all of the time.It's all a matter of choice. I loved the Jewel. Big isn't always beautiful. Some people prefer the intimacy of the smaller ships. I've also sailed on the Grandeur (vision class) and I liked that as well.

Each to their own......we have cruised both and prefer the Radiance class. Only negative is the crowds and lack of space near the pools on sea days.

If I was taking kids, I'd agree that the Voyager class is better, but for us....give me the Jewel or Serenade.....or Radiance.....or Brilliance! BK

Was your cabin an OS or GS? Looked really nice to me! I was thinking of the Jewel or Radiance for our next cruise to try something different, but DH feels that he would be disappointed going to the smaller Radiance class ships. What did you miss the most? DH says that he would miss the Promenade. Was the pool area more crowded?

Stick with the Voyager family...

Our cabin is the Royal suite.....

You will be disappointed going to a smaller ship. That's what we miss the most and the jogging track. The jogging track here is on deck 12 and most people put their chairs in the way and you can't really walk. It also seems over crowded. Pool? What pool, can't even get to it. Honestly, you are lucky to find chairs near the pool. Like i said i hate being negative about this ship but this is how I feel. It's a beautiful ship but very SMALL as far as we are concerned.

Each to their own......we have cruised both and prefer the Radiance class. Only negative is the crowds and lack of space near the pools on sea days.

If I was taking kids, I'd agree that the Voyager class is better, but for us....give me the Jewel or Serenade.....or Radiance.....or Brilliance! BK

Exactly to each their own. I prefer larger ships. I noticed that the elderly love the smaller ships. 90% of people on this cruise are in their 70's. I am not trying to insult anyone but this is the truth. My parents would love it. I spoke with a few couples in their 70's and they love the small ships because they hate walking on the much larger ships. Again, no offense I love older people.

Stick with the Voyager family...

Our cabin is the Royal suite.....

You will be disappointed going to a smaller ship. That's what we miss the most and the jogging track. The jogging track here is on deck 12 and most people put their chairs in the way and you can't really walk. It also seems over crowded. Pool? What pool, can't even get to it. Honestly, you are lucky to find chairs near the pool. Like i said i hate being negative about this ship but this is how I feel. It's a beautiful ship but very SMALL as far as we are concerned.

I don´t know what cabin you are in but something is not correct here.

Been on the Jewel twice and toured the Suites extensively and having pictures on my website of RS, OS and GS I know that the pics you posted are of the OS and not the RS. The only pic from the RS is the bathroom pic. The other pics are from the OS.

So something is strange here :confused:

Not sure why you posted the pictures, except to show everyone you had the Royal Suite on the Jewel.

As for not liking it, IMHO, I loved the Jewel OTS and can't wait to cruise on that ship again. Glad you tried it, now you know not to cruise on this class again.

"NEVER" is a little harsh, because if you want to cruise in Europe, some of the smaller ships get into some of the ports that the Voyager-Class may not. Sometimes itinerary should win over size of ship size.:D

Not sure why you posted the pictures, except to show everyone you had the Royal Suite on the Jewel.

So what? Actually you are wrong.

As for not liking it, IMHO, I loved the Jewel OTS and can't wait to cruise on that ship again. Glad you tried it, now you know not to cruise on this class again.

That's your opinion not mine.

"NEVER" is a little harsh, because if you want to cruise in Europe, some of the smaller ships get into some of the ports that the Voyager-Class may not. Sometimes itinerary should win over size of ship size.:D

No it's not harsh because i will NEVER cruise again on any Radiance family ships.

Got a good few years yet thank God before I reach 70.:)

If Karen is still the cruise director would you please give her my best regards. She will know me as Gail and I was on the inaugural Jewel cruise. Please send her greetings from one Blackpool girl to another.:D Thanks!

Yep, I hear ya Napster. Those puny little 92K ton ships are just so small they should take them all out and let the Navy use them for target practice.

Glad I got that off my chest.

-Monte

I too have pics of the Royal Suite on the Radiance (no we didn't stay there, but our cruising friends did) and the pics posted are NOT from the Radiance RS. They look more like a GS or perhaps an OS.

Sailed on both Voyager class and Radiance class - Radiance is without a doubt, our favourite. While I agree that some families prefer Voyager class, we prefer Radiance - and no we're not THAT old (40 something).

Different strokes for different folks.

Since when is the Radiance class a small ship? They are the second largest in the fleet!!! Now, if you were on the Majesty, or the Empress, I could see it, but calling the Jewel a small ship, what gives??? Also, there are 2 pools on the Jewel, if you can't find them, you should ask someone because they aren't hard to find, or use.

Archived