Uxmal Mayan Ruins through Carnival

Going to progresso on the triumph with parents(65-70+). Out of the excursions that I see here, the one that I feel would appeal to them is the Uxmal Mayan Ruins. My concern is the amount of walking involved in this. How bad is it walking around these places ? Would they be able to do justice to this tour even if they don't get to climb on any of these ruins ?

Going to progresso on the triumph with parents(65-70+). Out of the excursions that I see here, the one that I feel would appeal to them is the Uxmal Mayan Ruins. My concern is the amount of walking involved in this. How bad is it walking around these places ? Would they be able to do justice to this tour even if they don't get to climb on any of these ruins ?

There is a lot of discussion on this subject on the Carnival board. You might want to check there.

They will first have to walk up a bunch of stairs leading to the ruins from the parking lot/museum area. There are other areas that require steep stair climbs to access. I don't think that there is any "one" area that would be too much, but if they have balance issues or immobility problems, Uxmal probably isn't a good idea as the pathways are generally smooth they are not paved. Google Uxmal and look at the images to see the stairs and changes in elevation.

Chichen Itza terrain is more level than Uxmal imo. Uxmal is far more compact however.

Archived