Wine Package on Carnival (cruising on Liberty 3/23)

boa toting mama

I see many posts about the Cheers package and when I search for wine packages the posts are about a year old.

Is there a wine package available on board or to buy ahead of time?

We aren't big drinkers, we'll be getting the soda stickers, hubby will have a couple beers a day and we'd like wine with dinner. I checked the per bottle prices on Bon Voyage and their selection isn't big and their cabernet is $55 per bottle?

We'll be bringing on one bottle each. But if there is a wine package, that would be wonderful.

I see many posts about the Cheers package and when I search for wine packages the posts are about a year old.

Is there a wine package available on board or to buy ahead of time?

We aren't big drinkers, we'll be getting the soda stickers, hubby will have a couple beers a day and we'd like wine with dinner. I checked the per bottle prices on Bon Voyage and their selection isn't big and their cabernet is $55 per bottle?

We'll be bringing on one bottle each. But if there is a wine package, that would be wonderful.

CRUISE THE VINEYARDS PROGRAM

You can order by calling Bon Voyage To Order:

Call Carnival: 800-522-7648 Monday-Friday 9am-6pm EST

Overseas Call Carnival: 00-1-305-599-2600

Customer Service Is Closed:

Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day,

Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Day.

OR

Purchase onboard through the gift shop, or purchase onboard through your waiter in the Main Dining Room you will be charged a 15% gratuity charge. Prices represented below already include this charge.

Any way you order you will not have to select the actual wines in your package till you are ready to drink one of them.

How the program works:

When ordering you select your wine package size and type: 3 or 5 & Basic, Deluxe, or Premium.

You then will receive wine coupons. If you purchase by calling Bon Voyage your coupons will be left in your cabin. If you purchase through the gift shop or Main Dining Room your coupons will be given to you at that time.

The number of coupons you receive depends on the package size you select (ex. 5 wine package = 5 coupons).

You don't actually select the specific wines until you are ready to drink them.

You can use your wine coupons at any onboard bar which serves wine or in the Main Dining Room.

Once you have given the bartender or waiter your wine coupon and wine choice, the bottle is then brought to you.

If you order in the Main Dining Room and do not finish the bottle you will have 3 options: you can either take the bottle with you, have it delivered to your room or they will re-cork it and save it for your next visit to the Main Dining Room.

*******************************************************************************************

3 Wine Package Pricing: Basic $77, Deluxe $97, Premium $114

(available on cruises 5 days or shorter)

5 Wine Package Pricing: Basic $131, Deluxe $153, Premium $193

(available on cruises 5 days or longer)

*******************************************************************************************

Basic Wine Package

Barefoot Bubbly, Brut Cuvee

Copper Ridge, White Zinfandel

Zonin, Pinot Grigio

Clifford Bay, Sauvignon Blanc

Barefoot, Chardonnay

Barefoot, Pinot Noir

Bogle, Merlot

Twisted, Zinfandel

Black Swan, Shiraz

Smoking Loon, Cabernet Sauvignon

Deluxe Wine Package

Zonin, Prosecco

Castello Del Poggio, Moscato

Oyster Bay, Sauvignon Blanc

Schmitt Sohne, Riesling Spatlese

Kendall Jackson, Vintner's Reserve, Chardonnay

Murphy Goode, Merlot

Concha y Toro Casillero del Diablo, Cabernet Sauvignon

Bodega Santa Elena, Malbec

Domaine Darons de Rothschild Lafite, Bordeaux

Premium Wine Package

Paul Louis, Blanc de Blanc

Ecco Domain, Pinot Grigio

Ferrari-Carano, Fume Blanc

Pouilly-Fuisse, Burgundy

Frei Brothers, Chardonnay

Kendall-Jackson, Vintner's Reserve, Pinot Noir

Kendall- Jackson, Vintner's Reserve, Merlot

Hess Select, Cabernet Sauvignon

Melini, Classic Riserva, Chianti

Yangarra, Shiraz

Wine package prices went up in January 2012.

By using this program you can still save up to 25% off the individual bottle prices onboard.

OR

Purchase onboard through the gift shop, or purchase onboard through your waiter in the Main Dining Room you will be charged a 15% gratuity charge. Prices represented below already include this charge.

Any way you order you will not have to select the actual wines in your package till you are ready to drink one of them.

How the program works:

When ordering you select your wine package size and type: 3 or 5 & Basic, Deluxe, or Premium.

You then will receive wine coupons. If you purchase by calling Bon Voyage your coupons will be left in your cabin. If you purchase through the gift shop or Main Dining Room your coupons will be given to you at that time.

The number of coupons you receive depends on the package size you select (ex. 5 wine package = 5 coupons).

You can use your wine coupons at any onboard bar which serves wine or in the Main Dining Room.

Once you have given the bartender or waiter your wine coupon and wine choice, the bottle is then brought to you.

If you order in the Main Dining Room and do not finish the bottle you will have 3 options: you can either take the bottle with you, have it delivered to your room or they will re-cork it and save it for your next visit to the Main Dining Room.

Basic Wine Package

Zonin, Pinot Grigio

Barefoot, Chardonnay

Barefoot, Pinot Noir

Bogle, Merlot

Twisted, Zinfandel

Black Swan, Shiraz

Deluxe Wine Package

Zonin, Prosecco

Murphy Goode, Merlot

Premium Wine Package

Pouilly-Fuisse, Burgundy

Yangarra, Shiraz

Yum! Thanks!

I don't know if this has since been changed, but the 5 bottle package was available on the 4 day Triummph last May. And they try to be pretty sneaky about it - when I purchased the package from a table set up outside, I wasn't even told about the existence of the 3 bottle package - he automatically rang me up for the 5. Which is fine because that's what I wanted, but someone wanting to only purchase 3 bottles may have to specifically ask for it.

OR

How the program works:

Basic Wine Package

Zonin, Pinot Grigio

Barefoot, Chardonnay

Barefoot, Pinot Noir

Bogle, Merlot

Twisted, Zinfandel

Black Swan, Shiraz

Deluxe Wine Package

Zonin, Prosecco

Murphy Goode, Merlot

Premium Wine Package

Pouilly-Fuisse, Burgundy

Yangarra, Shiraz

Looks like someone needs to read the rules:

Reminder: Copyright Infringement & Copying blocks of text from other sites

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1551717

Because of the limited selection I have quit purchasing the package. Too many good and often better selections available on the complete wine list. Don't forget to add 15% to the purchase price if you go with the package (gratuity.) My experience regarding "sales tax" was different than the poster above. Purchased the package through Bonds Voyage and no sales tax.

Because of the limited selection I have quit purchasing the package. Too many good and often better selections available on the complete wine list. Don't forget to add 15% to the purchase price if you go with the package (gratuity.) My experience regarding "sales tax" was different than the poster above. Purchased the package through Bonds Voyage and no sales tax.

Yes, they add 15% to the price if purchase on the ship, same as with any other beverage purchase.

If you purchase through Bon Voyage before the cruise, the 15% is built into the price. I have no idea where that extra 15% goes. I always purchase packages on the ship and have never been charged sales tax. You don't have to purchase as soon as you board the ship, you can purchase anytime.

If you are a wine connoisseur there are better wines than what is offered in the packages; if you are looking for value, the packages are a better deal. We usually end up getting 5 bottles of a single wine when we buy a package. Other times we might just purchase a bottle.

• 8 months later...

Hi, I just found this thread and since the last post was Jan. maybe no one is looking at it anymore but anyways........

I just looked at the statement from our last cruise in July. I bought a wine package onboard before we left Jacksonville and there was no tax added. I bought the package of 3 because they told me that for 5 day cruises they do not offer the pack of 5. I wanted the 5 because my husband and I both like wine with dinner. Now I see on here that someone bought the package of 5 and they were on a 4 day cruise. Either the policy changed or it changes ship to ship or someone was not telling me the truth. It was the Fascination I was on.

We got the 5 bottle wine package and just bought from our waiter. We selected the cheapest since I already knew of a couple of wines on it we drink anyway. It was $105 plus gratuity. We were pleased.

We also didn't finish each night and took the rest back to enjoy on our balcony. Since we brought 2 bottles on with us, that gave us 7 bottles. The waiters did not mind us bringing our own bottles in either. We had already uncorked them and they did not charge any uncorking fee.

Archived