Looking for cenote tour advice

smelton521

Hello! My husband and I are taking our 1st cruise for our 8 year anniversary and want to see the cenotes. There is a tour available through our cruise (the Carnival Elation departing May 27 from New Orleans) but it is the bike tour. I haven't ridden a bike in a long time so I'm not sure this is a good option for us - although I am sure we could use the exercise after cruising for a few days! Can anyone recommend an independent company that provides cenote tours that will work with our cruise schedule? Also, are there certain cenotes that are "can't miss" over others that we should ask about seeing when we call about a tour? Thanks!

There are a number of independent tour agencies in the Progreso/Merida area that can take you on a cenote tour. Do a search for the online magazine Yucatan Today, once on the site search for "cenotes" to get an idea of the different cenotes in the area. You can also find tour agencies listed on their site. Two agencies that do the tours are Mayan EcoTours and Lawson's Excursions.

• 1 month later...

We are just back from the 06/01 Carnival Elation cruise and took the Cenotes tour through William Lawson tours. We had 16 in our group ranging in age from 17 to 84 and everyone had a wonderful time. If you have any questions, ask away!

• 2 weeks later...
We are just back from the 06/01 Carnival Elation cruise and took the Cenotes tour through William Lawson tours. We had 16 in our group ranging in age from 17 to 84 and everyone had a wonderful time. If you have any questions, ask away!

I recently read that two of the three cenotes in the tour were closed. How many did you see? Did you also stop at any ruins?

Archived