Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > River Cruising

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

River Cruising Find Others on Your River Cruise! River Cruising Roll Calls

Old February 26th, 2014, 08:36 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Uniworld Air Pricing

We just booked a Uniworld river cruise (Amsterdam to Vienna) in July, 2014. Has anybody had any experience with Uniworld's air pricing versus ................. (or similar)? We are travelling from Toronto if that makes a difference. I know that they currently have a promotion for air but that wouldn't be applicable to this cruise.

Last edited by Host Jazzbeau; February 26th, 2014 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Name of Travel Agent

Old February 26th, 2014, 11:19 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

My advice is to get a quote and then price it yourself.... July is nearly here in airfare/flight reservation speak! Figure out what is still available and what route you would prefer and then get Uniworld to give you there best shot.

Don't delay those summer seats are going fast.....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Old February 26th, 2014, 11:24 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNit View Post
We just booked a Uniworld river cruise (Amsterdam to Vienna) in July, 2014. Has anybody had any experience with Uniworld's air pricing versus ................. (or similar)? We are travelling from Toronto if that makes a difference. I know that they currently have a promotion for air but that wouldn't be applicable to this cruise.

We have travelled 3 times with Uniworld - and have booked their air once.

My suggestion is to look for prices (realizing you are travelling in peak season) - get a couple of ideas of route/airlines - and then ask if Uniworld can match it.

http://www.itasoftware.com/

This is a website identified by someone here on CC. You cannot book your flights here, but can get an idea of what your options are. I often start here - and if I find a flight I like - look directly on the companies website to see what the costs would be there. Then I call my TA - and see if her consolidator can match it, or better it.

Air Canada just sent out an e-mail about new European routes (with Rouge). Didn't pay a lot of attention, as we are already booked for our trip in June.

When we flew into Amsterdam, we flew KLM from Pearson, as we wanted a direct flight. At the time we went (not sure if it has changed) only KLM and Delta flew direct Toronto to Amsterdam.

Good luck with your planning!!

Fran