Allure of the Seas Internet

cltlfun

Don't mean to hijack the thread but this is closely related to the internet question. Does Allure have Royal IQ up and running yet? We will be cruising from Barcelona on May 24 and I'm hoping they have it along with the new high speed internet. Thanks.

Just off the Allure. FYI, I took the middle speed package for the week ($160 for 1 device -15% for platinum C&A). The connection is locked at 2mb download / 1mb upload. It does not change when you are at port or sea. I was able to facetime with it, but sometimes I would lose my side of the video because of low bandwidth. There were no connection issues moving throughout the entire ship, except for the last day where the system was not working for several hours. They issued a 15% credit for the downtime.

Errico said: "Important note, vidéos are disabled, so no YouTube or other videos are working"

Has anyone been able to stream videos on the Allure? I was planning on using my Dish Anywhere app that lets you connect to your home DVR and watch stuff you have recorded or watch live TV.

Edited by MPH711

Does anyone have a complete list of the internet prices on the Allure. I need to be able to taunt the folks at work back home with pictures of Pina Coladas and beaches and what not... :D

I'm on the Allure now and have just posted a full list of prices for the Feb 1 sailing on the following thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2163283

The prices are pleasantly lower than I was expecting and for the middle "Premium Voyage Plan" the cost is $150 for 2 devices and $115 for 1 device - lower than the $160 for 1 device that I had seen listed previously.

For anyone with Diamond C & A the offer for internet is 1 hour of free internet or $29.95 off any internet purchase, so with the $29.95 discount I paid $85.05 for a full week of unlimited internet access.

We're also on the February 8 sailing so if the prices are different to these I'll post the info here.

Ken

I'm on the Allure now and have just posted a full list of prices for the Feb 1 sailing on the following thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2163283

The prices are pleasantly lower than I was expecting and for the middle "Premium Voyage Plan" the cost is $150 for 2 devices and $115 for 1 device - lower than the $160 for 1 device that I had seen listed previously.

For anyone with Diamond C & A the offer for internet is 1 hour of free internet or $29.95 off any internet purchase, so with the $29.95 discount I paid $85.05 for a full week of unlimited internet access.

We're also on the February 8 sailing so if the prices are different to these I'll post the info here.

Ken

Thanks again. The prices sound pretty good to me. Think I'l go with the medium speed too.

Edited by eajlsmith

WOW, what the heck!!! I was on Oasis last week and 1 device for premium plus was $119 and 2 devices for $199, you paid $350!!!! What's is going on the the Allure. I was getting 4Megbit speed good for Facetime.

I understand a little of a price difference but almost double, makes no sense at all!