Victor Bodden for monkey tour

beckymomof2

Questions about this. If someone has been on this tour, can you tell me how it works as far as the travel goes?

We will be on Carnival Freedom and I would like to take the family to see monkeys without having it cost $50+ per person.

If you use Victor Bodden, do you take a taxi to a location? Or is a taxi part of the tour? If so how long of a ride? I am nervous to do a non-Carnival excursion that requires a very long ride.

For example, I AM WILLING to take a taxi on Cozumel to the Chankanaab park, but I AM NOT willing to go on the cave tubing in Belize on a separate tour because you are on a bus going out in the middle of nowhere on a several hour drive. I hope that makes sense.

I booked them for our upcoming June cruise. I got an email confirmation with more detail. I have copied some of it for you. Hope it helps.

++Again...the Fun-n-Sun group leaves one hour after your ship's originally scheduled arrival time to our island!!! For example, if your ship is originally scheduled to arrive at 8AM, we will pull away from our assembly area at 9AM! Please do not be late, out of consideration for our other Fun-n-Sun guests, we will not wait for you. If you are late, you will be give the opportunity to upgrade to a private tour, if any are available. If you're going to cancel -- please don't NO SHOW, borrow a phone from a local working in one of the shops on the dock and give me a call 504-9910-5217++

Roatan has two Cruise Ship Terminals -- Please check below for meeting location for your arrival dock below:

Mahogany Bay Cruise Center (Carnival Dream, Carnival Valor): As you exit your ship, customers on Local Independent Tours will be required by Carnival Corporation to exit their dock area through the gates and walk over the hill to the main road. Once outside the gates and over the hill, look for our representatives holding VICTOR BODDEN signs. One of our representatives will greet you, locate your name on our list and introduce you to your guide for the day. At the end of your tour day, we ARE able to drop you off to the entrance of the dock...so you will only have to do this long walk one-way, when you first arrive. You can view the hill behind the red-roofed building HERE and print a map from the Mahogany Bay ship dock to our location HERE.

A video showing "the hill" and how to get to the Independent Tour Assembly area was prepared by Radical Catamaran, it is a great example of the walk from ship directly to the meeting area: YouTube Video! Once you are outside the cruise compound, look for the VICTOR BODDEN signs and shirts!!

++ The Port Manager of the Mahogany Bay Cruise Center has negotiated with the on-site Taxi Association to provide transportation, if required, to the Independent Tours meeting area over the hill. The negotiated flat-rate for this taxi service is $2 per person. Please see the Taxi Dispatcher (in the Green Mahogany Bay shirt) to arrange for your group to utilize this service -- tell them that you need the $2 per person transport to Victor Bodden Tours on the other side of the hill. Or, if you'd rather, you can still walk over the hill (approximately 350 yards) to the designated area. ++