Car Rental in Charlottetown and tours to Green Gables

Manduca

We are taking a Celebrity Cruise which stops in Charlottetown on Saturday, Sept. 24 and stays from 11 am to 6 pm. We wanted to rent a car to visit the various sites on the island, particularly the Anne of Green Gables area, but it appears that all the major car rental companies within Charlottetown, close during the times we would need to rent a car. Don't really want to have to go to the airport to rent a car due to the time required. Does anyone know of a local rental company that might be open? Also, does anyone recommend any private tour guides for the island?

Thanks!

we are going to be there on the 27th and the three main private tour companies were already booked, look up Duncan tours, Triangle tours and PEI tours - I found them all on a trip advise website. I ended up renting a car with enterprise and will print out the Toms Guide to the island. I have also ordered a travel brochure from PEI. I do see where most of the rental agencies are only open until noon on Saturday. It looks like Budget and National are the closest to the pier so you could elect after hours drop off and walk back to the pier.