First Time Cruisers - Back From Liberty 9/30 Sailing

Juliadlf

This was our first cruise and what a wonderful experience we had. All the information we gathered precruise from these boards greatly helped the newbies through the process but nothing prepared us for the size of this ship. Wow. Ports were great and the ship was astonishing. I have to give special kudos to our assigned cabin steward and dining staff as they were excellent.

For those first timers thinking about cruising, this is one trip you should definitely consider taking.

I will write a review in more detail but for now, thanks to everyone for their advice and help.

Julia

BettyB2: Saw your from Rochester NY. We are about halfway between Geneva and Watkins Glen. The cruise itinerary is great. There were a few "bumps" here and there but any vacation we've taken has always had a few of those.

ptmom: The weather for the most part was in the 70's. We had rain the first day in Venice but that didn't stop us from walking around. We definitely want to do Venice again. In Messina we had rain in the morning but then it cleared up and was sunny the rest of the day. When we went from Messina to Barcelona we were suppose to stop near Stromboli to see the volcano (an added surprise announcement made by John Heald)but we had a storm so they didn't think it would be safe since the sea was so rough and there were rocks near the spot where we would stop. The storm experience reminded me of the movie "The Perfect Storm".:eek:

I have an unusual question about the Liberty. Do you know if you can slip something under someone's door. I know there are mailboxes next to each cabin, but we are trying to do a monetary collection for our group leaders, and I don't want money to go walking. Does anyone remember if there was enough of a gap under the doors, that envelopes could be slipped under the door?

Thanks

Qualtek

I was also on the 9/30 liberty cruise as my first. Amazing! I actually did not listen to John and went on the deck to see Stromboli and it was still visible. You could see the lava streaming down the mountain and the glow of the mountain. Then the lightening would light it all up. It was once in a lifetime and yet didn't have the camera with at that moment. Now I am afraid nothing could live up to this 12 day experience!

Qualtek, to answer your question - Yes, you can definitely slip something under the door. We had a reminder of our reservation for dinner at Harry's as well as our dining room change notice slipped under our door. So at least a thin envelope can make it through.

Qualtek: Nothing was ever slipped under our door as people would place notes in our mailbox or the room steward would place it on our bed or the desk area since they have a key to open the door. Why not ask the pursers desk if people can leave their envelopes with the monetary contributions with them for you to pick up. Safer than slipping under the door.

Tooler: We were so "spoiled" by this wonderful trip.

We were also on deck with the camera till the crew came and chased everyone inside. Can't wait to see if the pictures come out okay.

Archived