Just Back from the Dawn today

JustBack

Just got back today. It was a great trip! My son loved the kids program. We lost the 1st day to cold weather. Had 12 - 15ft waves Sunday night - that ship was rocking all night long! MOnday was cold, some kids in pool, but it was really freezing. Our Fountainbleu excursion was cancelled in Miami due to the hotel being privately booked, but we switched to Art Deco Pool Party and it was great. Pool, beach, drinks and food. By then it was hot and sunny (actually Tue. too, we went to SeaWorld). They switched Nassau and private island due to shops in Nassau being closed on Fri. for Good Friday. That was fine with everyone. There were about 1100 kids on board but everyone behaved. Freestyle was great. No waiting for dinner and no real dressing up. Sat. at sea it was cooler and breezy but the pool was heated to 91 degrees so we went in and just wrapped a towel when you got out. There were lots of people at the pool, nice not to lose another day coming back. Getting off ship was easy, just had to wait while they cleared customs. Got off at 11:35 and we were in Staten Island at 12:50.

That's all for now. I'll write a bit more tomorrow from my job. STill doing laundry and I'm tired.

DPurcell58

I'm not exactly sure of the name of the hotel , although I know it was a "Doubletree". Lots of the hotels are older buildings, but you don't use the hotel. The pool was beautiful. We got lounge chairs, sodas, lunch. They had pool games for the kids and tatoos (you paid for them). You could walk across a little path to the ocean and use their lounge chairs and umbrellas there also. We stayed till 3:30, which was long enough. Wear sunscreen though, my husband and son got burned!!!

Monarch of the Seas 6/94

Majesty of the Seas 6/96

Galaxy 8/02

Norwegian Dawn 4/04

Yes, by May the weather should be warmer. I think they probably are having cool weather today also, but going down we had a storm and that's why so many waves.

Monarch of the Seas 6/94

Majesty of the Seas 6/96

Galaxy 8/02

Norwegian Dawn 4/04

Hi Denise,

Sorry I missed you on the ship, I had hoped to see you at the Kid's Club, but your son was probably in the older group. Kind of naive of me to think that I'd run into you otherwise (although we probably did and just didn't realize it). We mostly hung around the T-Rex pool during the day and the Dazzles lounge at night (my 8 yr old daughter had a little crush on the Scott, the singer - who was execellent)The rest of the time was spent eating or looking for the best snacks. We had a great time - didn't want to leave.

Rick

Hi Rik,

Yes, we were at the T-Rex pool a lot, Wed & Thurs afternoons and Friday after the private island. Actually my son Ryan was in the 6-9 group so we probably did run into each other. So like you said, we probably saw each other and didn't know it! We had a lot of fun, even on the 1st cold day. Ryan went to T-Tex center and I went to the gym and then my husband and I went to spa pool.

Monarch of the Seas 6/94

Majesty of the Seas 6/96

Galaxy 8/02

Norwegian Dawn 4/04

Archived