Just back for Adventure of the Seas June 25, Part 2 Very Long

Here is Part 2 of our cruise. I also posted under Part 1 by accident. Sorry for being redundent.

Day 2: This was our sea day. My husband and I went to the gym and found it very crowded by 7 am. Hard to believe, but we did get on the machines without much trouble. By 9 am the Solarium was very crowded and it was diffcult to find a seat. Stayed there for while but then went to the main pool area. Our meet and mingle was switched from 5 pm on this day to 11am. This was a very bad move on the part of Royal. In addition, they did not notify anyone except one person in the group. Because most people wanted to be out in the sunshine and did not get notified of the change in time, the turn out for the meet and mingle was poor. This was not a big problem, since we did meet with the group informally at other times. This was also formal night. We had decided to meet with some cruise critic friends around 7:30pm between both dinners on the promenade. This was nice, however by the time we got to the pictures the lines of all backgrounds were terribly long. The picture arrangement on this ship did not seem as well organized as on the other ships were have sailed with Royal. There were also not as many backgrounds available. We ended up taking our formal after dinner, which is not the best time. However, they did come out very nice. Dinner was good. Prime rib, I think. The show tonight was outstanding. Dolores Park, sang and also provided witty entertaining stories. The comedian, Tom Parks (not related to Dolores Park), was hilarious. This was one of our favorite shows. Craig Carmean, then did late night comedy. Also, very funny. We really enjoy the entertainment on Royal.

Day3: Barbados. We did the ATV Quest Excursion on this island. It was alot of fun. I was scared, but once I got the hang of it, it was fun. Because I am small, the vehicle was hard to steer and they did take us down some pretty steep hills and there were sharp turns that were hard to manage. My husband and son had a great time. If you go on this be sure to wear long pants and dark clothes and shoes. It gets messy and dusty. Tonight was Caribbean night and it was odd that the menu was Italian. We decided to go to Portifino because the thought the food would be Caribbean to match the theme and this is not our favorite. Portifino was outstanding and well worth the extra fee. The flourless chocolate cake for dessert was absolutely decadent and fantastic. We were supposed to go the ice show, but I was so exhausted and full from Portifino we did not make it.

More to come....Laura

Keep the great posts coming, Laura! Thanks for the details - we're going to be on AOS at the end of this month.

You said that you had asked for a large table for dinner. When did you make this request? I don't recall any place on my online RCCL registration that asked what table I preferred. Did you arrange this through a TA ahead of time? Or did you just make a table request when you got on board?

labeachcomber, When I booked the cruise directly through Royal they asked me what size table I wanted. They also asked me if it was a special occasion, which I said my anniversary and son's grad. They said they would have a cake for us the last cruise night. The cake never came. In retrospect I should have confirmed both table arrangements and celebration cake right before I left. Next time I will do that. I will also check with the dining room when I arrive and switch tables if no is there the first night. Our dinner companions only showed one night at the end or the cruise. Hope this helps. Will post more later. Laura

Archived