AI Timeshare presentation - free beach for day

hockeymom

I think I have read hints of all inclusive timeshare resorts that will offer free facilities for the day if you attend a 90 minute presentation. Is this true? We will be in Cabo, Puerto Varallata and Matzilan. How do we find these plaes, or will they find us?

Judy

Carnival Pride - Mexico

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;6;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Celebrity/Mercury - Alaska Aug 2000

Celebrity/Century back to back Caribbean Aug 2001

Celebrity Century Western Caribbean Feb 2002

Rented a villa in Jamaica Aug 2002

Norwegian Star Hawaii July 2003

Norwegian Sea Bermuda July 2003

Hello Hockeymom,

I am unsure about if passengers are qualified to sit in a time share presentation or not.. Some hotels in Mazatlan are picky, some are not.

The certain hotels / resorts I know of that have time shares and are exclusive are as follows:

Torres Mazatlan, Sea Garden, El Rancho, Cerritos Resort.

All the above are at the newest side of Mazatlan towards what is called "Cerritos".. It is really quiet and beautiful on this side..

I do know that unless you are a resident / timeshare holder or have buisiness at any of these places, it can be difficult to get into.

To not waste your time, I would recommend looking around online and e-mail each of the above and ak them.

Otherwise, you may pay alot of money for a taxi ride..

If it is just a nice beach you want to go to, there are a few places I like..

1. Cerritos Beach

2. In front of Hotel Caravelle

3. In front of Joe's Oyster Bar and Hotel Sabalo

All three areas are nice beaches and you can sit on the beach and enjoy drinks and food that is offered at all the above.

Hope this info helps..

Have a really great cruise..

Gray (fish4ever)

Thanks so much Gray for your help. I will start checking them out.

Judy

Carnival Pride - Mexico

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;6;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Uuummmm... Judy, head's up:

The Timeshare/OPC staff in these resort areas in PV (and I suspect other Riviera stops) are EXTREMELY aggressive, and will promise you anything to get you in the room- as long as you are both halves of a couple and have a credit card with you.

If you qualify in their eyes, then you have the pleasure of the 'hard sell' and a very HIGH pressure presentation followed by a series of very insistant 'meetings', followed by.....

The initial presentation is around 90 minutes, yes, but they will not give you the reward afterwards and wave bye-bye.

It is very unusual for someone to attend one of these meetings and leave in LESS than 3 1/2 hours with the promised reward

- sure, you can force your way out earlier without a reward, although you will need to be extremely aggressive yourself to do so, but then it is all for nought.

Thought you should know before you ruin an entire day of your trip,

S

thanks for the heads up. We have decided just to find a nice beach and relax.

Judy

Carnival Pride - Mexico

Maybe we can share a taxi in mazatlan. We will be going the same time as you and I would rather just hangout on the beach instead of paying the $49.00 carnival is charging to get to the beach w/their shopping tour.

Hey guys?

About beaches and such:

The law in Mexico is that ALL beaches are public, back 50 feet from the high surf line, and access to the beaches MUST be provided if a public access point is not available.

Now, it IS true that many more-isolated or 'toney' hotels and resorts attempt to prevent others from using the beach itself, but it is not actually legal.

Now, that said, it is not worth the hassle-factor most of the time when there are usually plenty of nice 'public' stretches, many with restaurants with seats/lounges and palapas that are more than happy enough to let you stake out a space for the day in return for buying lunch and something to drink.

I would maybe ask Randi what public beach area with restaurants she recommends to hang at, and get directions and/or a map to aid in your taxi request.

S

Thanks S! CM Arizona, are we going to meet on board?? You never told us more about who you are!

Judy

Carnival Pride - Mexico

Monday afternoon is great! You name the time and place. Somewhere with a cool drink would be nice.

Judy

Carnival Pride - Mexico

Archived