Small List on Sapphire

mrsheldon88

We had a small unexpected list on Sapphire this afternoon (8% according to the captain). My husband and I who were packing noticed it, but also noticed it was fixed pretty quickly. It really wasn't a big deal, although some folks onboard were apparently upset - probably because of the recent occurrences on other ships.

The captain explained that we were affected by a rip tide that pulled the bow one direction and the aft another, causing the list which they quickly adjusted for. It was unexpected for them as well. It was over in seconds.

As far as I could tell nothing resulted from it except for a few overly sensitive passengers. In our cabin, a conditioner bottle rolled from the bathroom counter into the sink. Big whoop.

They may have lost some alcohol from the store shelves, but after the airline regs changed no one is buying it anyway. I think all of the ships are going to have to rethink the alcohol sales, as are all airports and major destinations known for good alcohol prices. At least until the rules change again.

Anyway, I think this captain and crew are the best, so I just wanted to set the record straight before someone reported about some major event and made a lot of hay about it.

-Marti

The captain explained that we were affected by a rip tide that pulled the bow one direction and the aft another, causing the list which they quickly adjusted for. It was unexpected for them as well. It was over in seconds.

After all, it is a ship in the ocean. :)

And we'll be on the SAPPHIRE PRINCESS down under next January. :D:D

We were at the wine tasting at the time. It was interesting how close to shore we were, I think we were going through a very narrow straight. We all held onto the glasses, just in case! I was sitting on a hard floor surface, so my chair started to slide, but everyone on carpet had no problem. No glasses on the tables fell off, but I think a tray of glasses or dishes in the back of the room fell and broke. Also, when we were getting off in Vancouver, the garbage barge was close to right below our cabin, and I saw a bunch of broken plates being thrown away! The only thing that concerned me was at the wine tasting. There was an open burning candle in the middle of each table. We did not roll nearly enough to dislodge it, but what if we did? I thought open flames were taboo on cruise ships. The captain imediately came on and told us exactly what happened and how they corrected it. At no time did I feel I was in danger. I loved the cruise, it was great!:)

Archived