Glory May 29th

We arrived at the port around 11:00am was on board by 12:00. We were told not to go to the cabins until 1:00pm. We dropped off our carry on bags and went to get something to eat. The ship is large and beautiful. We had no problem finding our way around.

Entertainment - Was the best we have seen in 14 cruises the Carnival Singers & Dancers were wonderful, all others first rate.

Food - The Red Sail was very good lots of choices. Don't miss the fish & chips upstairs very good. I wish I could say our dining room experience was good but it was not. Our waiter was the worst we have ever had. The service was very slow we were the last to leave every night. Could not get drinks refilled, coffee & desert never came together we were finished with desert before coffee ever came. He seemed to be trying just could not get it together.

Cabins - We had a balcony cabin upper deck very nice but room steward was not up to par. I feel Carnival has not put enough staff on these larger ships to accomadate the number of passagers. We sailed on the Paradise in 2001 the service was wonderful I could tell a difference on this ship I think it has something to do with the size of the ship. I'm not saying we didn't have a good time we did. When you get used to a certain quality of service you expect to get the same on all cruises.

We did not do anything in Nassau walked over to the straw market and back.

St Thomas we did the Godfrey tour I highly recommend his tour. We had 11:00am tour time we were a little late getting off the ship because of customs. Our shopping time was cut short because of this. Godfrey took those who wanted to shop longer back to town after the tour was over at no extra charge. He is a very nice guy and gives a great tour.

St Martin we went to Orient Beach the taxi driver took us to the area by the nudists beach so beware you will see completely nude people.

Getting off the ship took a long time. Our color was called at 10:00am we did not get to our car until 11:45.

I always hate to see a cruise end and this one was no different. The only good thing is we have the Sun Princess to look forward to in October. I will be glad to answer any questions.

Margaritawoman, Sorry to hear that the service was not up-to-par on this cruise as we will be leaving on the Glory this coming Saturday. Maybe we'll have a different set of servers all around. Always hopeful.... icon_smile.gif

What time did you actually get off the ship in St. Thomas? Some people have said that the immigration thing goes kinda fast.

Do you remember what cabin number you had on the Upper Deck? All 20 of us have cabins on the Upper Deck and maybe we can get a head's up on the cabin steward. icon_biggrin.gif

When you got to the port at 11:00, were there many people ahead of you?

Thank you for writing a review.... they help us so much in planning for upcoming cruises !!

tootiesmom icon_smile.gif

tootiesmom we had a group of 16 going on the Godfrey tour. We were supposed to go thur customs one deck at a time. Some of our group were on different decks, so by the time everyone made it thur customs it was around 11:30. Our tour time was 11:00am. Godfrey was very nice he realized it was not our fault. It just cut our shopping time short. He took some of our group back to town for shopping after we got back from the beach. We were in cabin 6221 our steward tried his best I just think he had too many cabins to keep up with. If this had been our first cruise I would not have noticed. We have been on so many cruises with wonderful service we can tell a difference when things are not up to par. We still had a great cruise. A bad day on a cruise is still better than a good day anywhere else. Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Nice review Margaritawoman..sorry we didnt get to meet onboard..maybe another time..have fun on your next cruise!!

Cyt

Atlantic

Oceanic

Norway

Enchantment of the Seas

Destiny

Voyager of the Seas

Conquest March 30th 2003

Glory May 29th 2004

Caribbean Princess Oct 23 2004

Legend November 19 2004

Archived