taking wine, etc on board

rreett

I have seen where people say we can take wine on board even though in the fine print from Oceania it says you can't. Has anyone had problems taking a few bottles in their carry on bags when embarking or when coming back from a day at port? what about liquior?

Thanks -

We always brought wine & beer on board which we bought in Italy or greece.

No problem!

Ask your room attendant for wine & beer glasses,and a full ice bucket to be placed in your room every afternoon.

Never a problem--we have done 40 cruise(2 on Oceania) . we returned from a Mediterranean cruise last week.

I don't know about liquor, but wine is o.k. In fact, it can be served at meals ... with a somewhat hefty $20 corkage.

We bought a special Riesling in Rostock and dropped it off at a restaurant bar to be chilled. They will mark it with your cabin number and retrieve it for you wherever you may be dining.

Everyone keeps complaining about the $20 corkage charge -- Celebrity just raised their corkage charge from $15 to $25. Some people on the Celebrity board are cancelling their cruise because of the raise. Me thinks it is to discourage people from bringing their own wine aboard.

Sheila

My wife will not leave Santorini without a bottle of one of their great wines, and we had no trouble brining it on board Nautica on our cruise last May. Our cabin attendant brought us a corkscrew, and she enjoyed a glass at night in our cabin before dinner.

Oceania did not have a problem with us bringing liquor and wine aboard ship. I brought along several airline bottles for my "snack". We also purchased wine and brought it aboard in Kusadasi, Rhodes and Santorini. Room stewards will get you a corkscrew and wine glasses if you request them. There was a daily replenishment of ice in the cabin and more was available by calling the room steward. There is a reminder in the daily newsletter, "Currents" that these beverages brought aboard should not be consumed in the ships public areas. Most considerate passengers respected that request. Wine purchased at the port and brought to the dining rooms is subject to the corkage fee which you must sign for.

Archived