Champions, Eygpt Tour company need help

Gabgab

I have sent Champions, a tour company in Eygpt, my booking reservations with my credit card # but it has been a week and I havent heard back from them I am starting to get worried, my TA is sent another e-mail to them and we are waiting to hear back. Has anyone delt with this company? How long did it take for them to respond back? I am getting worried because they have my credit card info. If anyone has any info on this company that would be great.

Gabgab - I don't use TAs but did pick Champion Tours for my Egyptian tour operator this November 30th. The experience was a nightmare and I am now booked with DeCastro Tours.

Champion's prices turned out to be double what all the other operators charge. When I realized that they were also charging me for a hotel in West Luxor with which I had already made a reservation, I canceled my bookings with Champion and asked for a full refund. Champion dragged their feet for a month. As you say, I'm sorry I gave them my credit card information.

DeCastro has been spot-on professional to deal with. I hope you're not dealing with Maha Adawy (Nefertiti) at Champion. The only way I got my money back was to email Maha then "cc" to the Financial Manager at Champion.

I strongly advise you take your business elsewhere. Look down this forum a few threads and you'll see more of my comments in "Independent Tours."

Ruby

Well what you guys are saying kinda of scares me, when I first picked them out all I have seen was good things about them. I did not choose DeCastro because I did not see a two day one night tour in Cario/Alexdandria and Champions had one.

But atleast I heard from them and they said that everything is ready and booked and I guess I will just cross my fingers and hope for the best.

But at least I heard from them and they said that everything is ready and booked and I guess I will just cross my fingers and hope for the best.

I believe that, when you use their services on site in Egypt, everything will be fine. My problem was that their prices proved to be more than double what every other tour company was charging for a private car and driver and their pricing was highly suspect when I questioned line item charges. If you're in a group, I think you'll enjoy your tour.

What really frosted my pumpkin was Maha Adawy's behavior when I questioned her prices. She even asked how I was able to contact my chosen hotel in West Luxor. How strange. And before she left on holiday for a week, she never got the refund going, then was petulant about refunding my $415, stalling, verbal wailing. Like I said, for me it was a nightmare but, if you're satisfied with your dealings with them, go, enjoy, and have a great time.

Ruby

Does anyone have a website address for DeCastro tours? All I have found is an email addy. Thanks!!

This is a cut-and-paste off my personal emails from Soliman:

================================

Regards

Soliman

Senior Tour Operator & Travel Advisor

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Address Cairo;12Talaat Harb main Street.

De Castro Tours License N.(2)

Tel 202-5743213/5743144/5740298/5764008

Fax 202-5743382

• 3 months later...

I am putting together a large group tour from Alexandria to Cairo (Pryamids, Museum, etc)

I originally contacted the Egytian tourist agency to get recommendations and offers. Even though I was very specific in my request, I received literally hundreds of email responses. They ranged from 2 week tours of Egypt, water skiing the Nile and other adventures. There were very few responses about a tour from Alexandria to Cairo. Then I found this thread and I contacted all of the different agencies mentioned here. I have been in contact with them now for 9 months. Most have been helpful. Most have resonable prices and will provide a good tour. But DeCastro stands way above the rest in responding to my requests and concerns. We worked on the itinerary together with DeCastro providing a lot of input about location, hours of operation, what to see and how to see it. Any one of these agencies can provide a car, van or a bus to drive you to Giza. Only one offered to help make this a trip of a lifetime.

Archived